The Regen Thread - Post your regen data here

WPJ

Ok this is now the official place to post your regen experiences.

Make
Model
Year
Odometer m or km please state
Cat1 c or f please state
Cat2 c of f please state
Length of time

Comments

WPJ

MB
2500 passenger wagon
8800km
580c
627c
20 minutes

When I stopped I heard the expansion ting of metal and then checked the temps. Now I will pit an alarm on the cats for 500c. To better catch the next one.

flman

MB Cargo
17200 miles
Cat 1 1200 F
Cat 2 1200 F
Engine 205 F
20 Minutes

Engine got sluggish and had a throaty sound, my van was sick and had a fever. 1100 F alarms set and ready.

atulin

MB Cargo
27000 miles
Driving in town today Cat 1 varied between about 900F when stopped and about 1150F driving
Engine 205F
20 Minutes

WPJ

Make Mb wagon
Model 144, high roof
Year 2013
Odometer 9690km
Cat1 580c
Cat2 612c
Length of time 15m

Comments wow another one so soon, and this was 400km into a highway trip

flman

I had another one, of course on the way home. So I just let it idle until the temps dropped back down since I did not feel like driving around needlessly. But it is good to know when it is safe to turn off the key for regens as well as high EGT after mountainous hill climbs. The $70 UG is a good deal, and who wants to play with your phone every time, I just want it to be there like the other gauges.

MB Cargo
17787 miles
Cat 1 901 F
Cat 2 1170 F
Engine 206 F
20 Minutes

showkey

Class C 3500
20,000 miles
CAT TEMPS unknown
Coolant temp unchanged normal 195-205 F

During regen may boost (MAP reading) is limited to about 29-30 max. Soon as regen ends MAP returns to normal with a MAX reading at 36-37. Not timed but estimate 10-20 minutes. Just finished a 2100 mile trip this condition was noted 3 times. Happens about every 700 miles.

flman

Class C 3500
20,000 miles
CAT TEMPS unknown
Coolant temp unchanged normal 195-205 F

During regen may boost (MAP reading) is limited to about 29-30 max. Soon as regen ends MAP returns to normal with a MAX reading at 36-37. Not timed but estimate 10-20 minutes. Just finished a 2100 mile trip this condition was noted 3 times. Happens about every 700 miles.

Actually, my boost goes negative during regens? Must be a lot of back pressure in the exhaust and it sounds like it too. I snapped a pic of my UG, boost was -1.02 at idle.

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
Actually, my boost goes negative during regens? Must be a lot of back pressure in the exhaust and it sounds like it too. I snapped a pic of my UG, boost was -1.02 at idle.
Never seen that in 5 years.
My boost readings stay in the same general area during regen.
My max boost reads 22psi (+atmosphere) 0 @ idle, what's yours?

Dodge
2500 PV low roof
43,000 miles
egt probe 1 1180-650 depending on load
coolant 193-195 depending on load
every 5-700 miles, 12-20 minutes

Last edited:

showkey

All my MAP readings during regen were at highway cruise...........so I have no regen idle or even city driving regen experience. 85% of my miles are highway miles.

My lower MAP readings during regen are easily noted because of the class C weight and wind resistance, with a trailer, on "hilly highways" it just a little down on power during regen due to lower boost. First time I noted this I thought I was about to have a CEL problem.

Last edited:

atulin

Yeah, I noticed that on mine too. I think it made it close to -2psi at idle

kmessinger

When ours regens we smell diesel fumes.

What is the difference between Cat 1 and 2 and the sensor banks?

Thanks,

Keith

flman

I had another one, of course on the way home. So I just let it idle until the temps dropped back down since I did not feel like driving around needlessly. But it is good to know when it is safe to turn off the key for regens as well as high EGT after mountainous hill climbs. The $70 UG is a good deal, and who wants to play with your phone every time, I just want it to be there like the other gauges.

MB Cargo
17787 miles
Cat 1 901 F
Cat 2 1170 F
Engine 206 F
20 Minutes
Here is the funny part, the next day I had to go on 3 trips each about 15 to 20 minutes long, the van continuously ran regen temps the whole time? I was thinking oh shiet it is stuck in regen, then on the 4th start it finally got back to normal temps?

flman

Never seen that in 5 years.
My boost readings stay in the same general area during regen.
My max boost reads 22psi (+atmosphere) 0 @ idle, what's yours?

Dodge
2500 PV low roof
43,000 miles
egt probe 1 1180-650 depending on load
coolant 193-195 depending on load
every 5-700 miles, 12-20 minutes
Gary, the ultra gauge is just reading what the ECM is telling it, so it must be true, and yeah, normally it rans 0 to 20 something PSI, I never took note of the max? As you can see below I am not the only one? The exhaust is slightly different on the 2010's >, could that be why?

Yeah, I noticed that on mine too. I think it made it close to -2psi at idle

bryan11

MB
2500 Passenger
6000 miles
Cat2 1150f
20 minutes approx.

My van regens almost every tankful, so I'm seeing it often. I have my Ultra Gauge set to alarm me whenever the Cat2 reaches 1000f so I'm aware of a regen happening otherwise it is difficult to notice. The metals are pinging underneath from expansion so if you exit the vehicle and it is quiet outside, you will be aware of a regen without the use of an OBD scanner. The first regen though was very obvious as I smelled and visibly noticed smoke surround the van at a stoplight. I thought my new MB was on fire. It appears the 2013 model is behaving differently from the previous year models NCV3's.

WPJ

2013 wagon canadian
10130km
Cat1 575c
Cat2 665c

I noticed when eng lod was below 20% that boost was negative 2-4psi yep negative.

Tool about 15 minutes

Wow that's a lot of regens

I do mostly city diving and some highway

flman

Lately I just shut it down regen or not, do not have time to monitor a regen. Not like I am going to keep this van forever.

Top Bottom