What it takes to be a customer

johnshmit

What does it take to be a customer

So I've got my first experience of being a customer.
:thinking:
Friday. My check engine light comes on and I have a message of 9 remaining starts.:yell:
I can hear the DEF pump screaming with engine and radio on. :drool:
Generic OBDII code is P20E8 -low DEF pressure.
Saturday. I take my truck to the dealer, who promised the best service and loner car when I bought it in 2010. :bounce:
Very nice people told me than they don't have a sprinter tech, shuttle or loner car today and cannot help me in any way. They did not say "WE DON'T GIVE A S..T, but they were thinking that so loud... " :hmmm:
So I make an appointment for Monday and go home.
After 3 good trips light goes away.
Monday morning I leave my office and drive 20mi to get it fixed.
Dealership people are very nice again. After 45 min in waiting room , they approach me with smiles on their faces and say:
"We cannot find anything and your truck is running fine. You have to drive it until it breaks down and then bring it in for repairs. " :clapping:
Tech says: "I can check the DEF pump pressure, but you will have to pay for that."
So I'm going home again.:idunno:
2 days later it happens again and I drive back to the dealer.
They take it and give me a loner.
After working on it for 2 days they called me and said than truck is done.
I went to pick it up and they gave me 2 work orders. One for warranty replacement of my DEF pump and second for ... $99.95 ....."Wasting of their technician time ... " ?????:thinking::thinking::hmmm:
I asked receptionist for the definition of that and did not get any comprehensible answer.
She just told me that I have to pay that and there is nothing she can do about that.
I asked her to call a manager and then asked him to give me a written description of "Wasting technician time service " I did not order, but have to pay for.
He laughed and took it off my bill.
After getting home I found DEF Fluid all over my engine, wires , radiator and underbody.
It took me ~2 hours to wash it off.
And the last little detail. In my previous place, which lot of people called a circus, we had a weird behavior of topping our customers washer fluid .....but that is off topic.

Welcome to the Euromotorcars of Devon.:bow::bow::bow:

MercedesSuck1.jpg

MercedesSuck2.jpg

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Wow. That's just all kinds of special.

Sorry they treated you so poorly. I think I'd contact MB USA with the complaint, verbal, emailed and faxed (aka "in triplicate").

-Jon

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Wow. That's just all kinds of special.

Sorry they treated you so poorly. I think I'd contact MB USA with the complaint, verbal, emailed and faxed (aka "in triplicate").

-Jon
Quadruplicated... Elastic band and a brick!

:thumbdown:

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Quote: After getting home I found DEF Fluid all over my engine, wires , radiator and underbody.

I would pay close attention
to any wire connectors that got wet with DEF,
possibly pull them apart and treat them with a dielectric grease.
:shifty:

Last edited:

icarus

And one wonders why dealers get a bad rep! Sing out bad experiences from the highest mountain, and perhaps eventually they will get the message! (I have my doubts however!)

Icarus

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
And one wonders why dealers get a bad rep! Sing out bad experiences from the highest mountain, and perhaps eventually they will get the message! (I have my doubts however!)

Icarus
It's actually called Buckley's and none.
Kinda do what we do down under>>>"It's humorous"...Offer them two chances to fix it now, including the acid damage to the engine departmental exchange. :shifty:

The desk service writer scratches his head,:thinking: You can hear the brainless cogs a turning, and say's with out delay in a somewhat intimidating croak! What's the second chance.....

I replied with a glutenous laugh.
Rule 303
:professor:

K-9 SPRINTER

TROLL TRAINER
That's not the final solution! as your posts have proven.

:dripsarcasm:
Alas ....My posts were based on the lack of training and stupidity ,NOT NEGLECT!!!!! Spilling the DEF fluid all over and not even trying to clean it off, is just TOTAL NEGLECT !!!! Either way , Id still contact MBUSA !!!!

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Alas ....My posts were based on the lack of training and stupidity ,NOT NEGLECT!!!!! Spilling the DEF fluid all over and not even trying to clean it off, is just TOTAL NEGLECT !!!! Either way , Id still contact MBUSA !!!!
And??????? Knock knock who's at home?:rolleyes: Apart from a few oxygen thieves, and brain dead academia who have no concept of the real-World..Your back to square one :bash:on the merry go round.
Solution, for a stationary position.

Rule 303.
Capped just for U:thumbup:

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Euromotorcars of Devon?

They were just advertising here in Philly all over the radio about how they have this new, huge, state of the art facility. That's too bad that they were such jerks to you. Funny that they didn't have a Sprinter Tech in on the day you went. I was there about a year ago and they had a handful of Sprinters in for repairs and there were at least 2 guys working on them...

John, I would post this to the other big MB forum- I think it's called "Benzworld". You'll get alot more views from MB owners who might live in the area.

wayneskid

Here's a guess from Urban Dictionary: "If you have the means to do it, you may do it"

Now all I have to do is figure out how this applies to this thread :thinking:
Wayne

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
Re: definition of cluster ****

2 days later it happens again and I drive back to the dealer.
They take it and give me a loner.
After working on it for 2 days they called me and said than truck is done.
I went to pick it up and they gave me 2 work orders. One for warranty replacement of my DEF pump and second for ... $99.95 ....."Wasting of their technician time ... " ?????
I asked receptionist for the definition of that and did not get any comprehensible answer.
She just told me that I have to pay that and there is nothing she can do about that.
I asked her to call a manager and then asked him to give me a written description of "Wasting technician time service " I did not order, but have to pay for.
He laughed and took it off my bill.
After getting home I found DEF Fluid all over my engine, wires , radiator and underbody.
And the last little detail. In my previous place, which lot of people called a circus, we had a weird behavior of topping our customers washer fluid .....but that is off topic.

Welcome to the Euromotorcars of Devon.

Everyone here knows they just handed you a corrosive fluid bathed cluster **** waiting to hand grenade on your dime. Find a tech who cares.
Please find a governing entity like the New Motor Vehicle Board in CA and file a formal complaint. Complaints to MB are like pissing straight into the wind.

Leetard

Gnarcissyst
Re: What does it take to be a customer

I am appauled / not sure that the tech would actually say he would have to charge to do a pressure test on the adblue pump. The tech gets paid under WARRANTY (pays well too) to do that test thats done over the computer. Its not an uncommon problem and is part of diagnosis under warranty to test the adblue pump output. Plus its easy. Hawkward:crazy:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Richard,

What are you meaning to convey when you say "Rule 303?"
Hi-capping the calculus of what it will cost the dealership $$$$ if not correctly handled.

I don't need a Boer war history lesson, or a recap of Morant's court martial.
Rules of engagement.

I just need help connecting the "rule 303" motif to this thread.

-Jon
It's simple as to damage done.
3 Phone calls to service desk, asking for a direct link to management.
0 Zero response from Management.
3 Are you being served..?
The onus of responsibility is on the dealership not an individual as too the litigation of being served,within 48 trading hours.

Consumer rights of protection under Mercedes Benz warranty. USA as to the body builders procedures of a clear written document, including photographic procedures for adding ad-blue.
JD2.JPG
The dealership failed in it's care and duty towards the client, by breaching the guidelines of servicing the said Sprinter as to to the written requirements of Mercedes-Benz manuals, and documented archives.

Direction to the technician ..U failed to commit to servicing the said Sprinter with due care and vigilance, by failing to commit to the guidelines and strict instructions of adding an acid based liquid: Where Mercedes.Benz clearly states ''Corrosive" if spilled.
Work safety guidelines at the dealership were not instigated to remedy the spill.
RED FLAG

My point and reference to rule 303; is that I just served the dealership with two options. "They have nowhere to go" they can not deny ,or brush this away. It's simple, rectify within a one day time frame of notice. "Or go to court".

I win , they get fined by ASSIC and their franchise is on notice.

That's the difference as to consumer protection, something the USA does not have or lacks thereof, as to an immediate legal response. within 24 hrs of notification.

Now John run up the instructions form your side of the pond including the warnings. of what happens if an acid is corrosive is spilled and the clear undertaking of What Mercedes states if not cleaned up.

Too Hard. OK I just resolved the situation.

by Applying the RULE 303 as per consumer rights under section 7.7 56mmR.

What happened to Johnshmit would never ever be tolerated by a Benz management team down under, mistakes happen,don't fool yourself that it does not happen, but once notified immediate rectification will be taken as to our Constitutional rights of work place safety and consumer rights of recourse.
The choice was given to a dealer ship:professor: you have two chances.

Fail in your care and duty, as the onus of responsibility lies upon the company you represent and I will execute my rights of recourse if you fail to honor your contractual obligations as per warranty and rectification.
DSC00729 (Custom).JPG
Just love the smell of money after a good fight.
Looser.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Ok. I got it, I think.

Since MB USA, LLC's committment to the Sprinter doesn't translate uniformly to the dealerships (some are good, some are terrible), Johnshmit was figuratively shot by Euro Motorcars of Devon since no one was around to put a stop to them.

To put it another way:

Euro Motorcars of Devon is able to do this because they're holding a government issued Lee-Enfield 303.

Johnshmit is the Boer wearing the wrong uniform (in this case, a three-pointed star)

Since a luxury car can't be a commercial vehicle in the US, Sprinter drivers must be impersonating someone entitled to wear the three-pointed star. Therefore some dealerships just abuse commerical Benz drivers because no one will stop them.

Right?

Oh, and the 303 cartridge is 7.7 x 56 mm

Personally, I think "Lord of the Flies" is a bit more fitting this sad situation than "Rule 303."

The US franchise has been left to run this market as it sees fit, failing to measure customer satisfaction and, when compared to the rest of the world, it's an "out of control," rogue operation. Yes, there are a few good dealerships, but the bad ones are really screwing up this island and the franchaise licensee, MB USA, LLC isn't doing a good job at all.

Gary32's right. Appeal to State Government.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Crap... I need to run out and get more popcorn... this is getting dramatic....

:popcorn:
No it's not ,some just play the Crayola game, others act out the scene.
That mess could have been resolved inside of two hours, with apologizes if handled in the correct way of doing business.
After all the key is documentation.
Darling it's a two way swing.

johnshmit

After 3 visits for the simple problem and a fake bill i was happy to extract my 50k investment from that place even if i had to cary it away in the buckets.
There is no way i will let those morons to touch my truck again.
And since my Sprinter is not a commercial vehicle, i do have that luxury.

By the way, i prefer 7.62x59R, but i keep it as last resort.:dripsarcasm:

Last edited:

Top Bottom