Help: Fuel lines at injection pump

hellspcangel911

Hi All,

Hoping you guys and gals can help me figure proper placement of two lines. Last year i started replacing the plastic fuel lines on my 2002 2.7L. For various reasons I only got around to finishing the repair now.
I replaced the line from the filter to the lifter pump, from the lifter pump to the high pressure pump.
The high pressure pump has two plastic lines going to the passenger side of it. One of these lines is MB part number A6120702632, it has three ends: the high pressure pump, lifter pump and connected below the intake manifold to what I assume is a pressure sensor? The other line connects to the back of the injector rail.
In my stupidity i don't remember which of these two lines connects to connects to each of the correct port on the high pressure pump.
I couldnt find any info online, so i connected it with the 'Y' line connected to the port closer to the firewall, and the line connected to the back of the fuel rail is connected to the port closer to the radiator. It started, and runs, but I'm not sure if this is correct.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,
george

I just replaced the line from the low pressure feed pump to the HP pump and the low pressure sensor 2 days ago. You did it correct.

hellspcangel911

Missouri Blue,
thank you for the fast reply. Now i can sleep well.
I was really concerned because the idle feels rougher than I remember so I thought that might have been it. Im the second owner, its an RV and only has 45,000 miles. I did the filter while i was in there as well. Could just be my memory but i dont recall the steering wheel having any vibration when stopped, in P and idlng.

Thanks

hellspcangel911

Any chance anyone has a picture of the way the two lines are mounted in the clips below the pump and behind the belt? I have about 1mm between the belt and the line ... its all secure and running great but it seems too close. I currently have the line that's closer to the firewall running in the bottom mounting of each clip and the forward line of the injection pump in the top of each of the clips.
Also, figured out why it was idling rough, in forgot to reconnect the connector at the injection pump.

Thank you in advance

No picture, but it is very close (not 1mm, but close) The clips that hold the hoses in place broke on mine so I zip tied the fuel lines to the metal that held the bracket in place.

Did you say you left the electrical connection unplugged on the hp pressure fuel pump?

hellspcangel911

Mine broke too so I had to replace the clips which are actually a real pain to get in place, they take a lot of force to finally lock in, but there isnt much to press against.

When I first did the lines it idled rough, it was because i forgot to reconnect a electric connector. I dont recall which connector it was, towards the driver's side of the pump, where all the fuel lines meet before going under the pump to the other side.

i'll get some pictures of the space between the belt and lines..

windseye

Great pictures. Thanks a lot. I wish I had found this thread before I started this job.

What did you remove to install the new lines? I have already broken the tee connection on a replacement line trying to route it behind the high pressure line. What is the trick?

windseye

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
The "trick" is to get it WARM. Leave the fuel lines on a radiator heater, or maybe even stick them in the oven for a while. Get it good and warm so it's supple and can bend easily to get it in and around and behind all the other stuff. I did the same job in below freezing weather and once I got the fuel lines almost hot to the touch, I was able to get everything into position without breaking anything.
IIRC, I had to try it a few times before I figured out the best way to snake everything through. I would get the lines warm and try snaking them in until I got stuck. Then I would pull the lines out and get them warm again. I did this a few times until I was able to get everything in place on one try with the lines still soft and supple.
Good luck!

Last edited:

windseye

It was 26 degrees F when I broke the Tee. Typical weather for this time of year here in MI. Will remember to warm up the new one.

hellspcangel911

Ive done this twice now, and having it warm does help. The first time i did it was without moving the radiator/cooling components or the belt.
the second time was actually faster and easier, removing everything. it made it a lot easier to access the black clips holding the lines to the block.

Top Bottom