What did you do to your Sprinter today.

Johan Turbo

I mounted 2 second hand leather Recaro seats to improve seating comfort.
I welded adaptors to fit them. It surely improves comfort.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I went around all the exposed internal seams in the roof of the loadspace with a high quality urethane sealant. On my van's wheelbase there's one seam you can't get to because it's obscured by a roof rib, for this one I opted for a generous application of aerosol creeping wax through the holes in the rib.

I'm convinced the rust which developed in the roof seams of my old T1Ncan originated from the inside and worked its way out.

If I get time I'll just overpaint the grey urethane in body colour.

IMPORTANT: do not emulate this task using a silicone based sealant.

B

boxcar

Washed her

.....A bit more detailing

.....Drove her about 8 miles

.....Ran the Espar D2 on high for 7 to 8 minutes (usually performed once a month off-season).

cedarsanctum

re: Member
Woke up in my Sprinter this morning, made breakfast and went to work. Another 10 days of this and i have to go back to the city.

wayneskid

I went around all the exposed internal seams in the roof of the loadspace with a high quality urethane sealant. On my van's wheelbase there's one seam you can't get to because it's obscured by a roof rib, for this one I opted for a generous application of aerosol creeping wax through the holes in the rib.
Simon,

Can you share the brand of urethane sealant and creeping wax you used and where you purchased same.

Thanks,
Wayne

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Over the past few days I have:
1. Determined I have a bad injector
2. Installed a Curt Hitch
3. Installed my 50 sound horn
Early next week I should be installing my new injector.

sailsailor

Traveler
40,000 miles and my first time at doing the maintenance. What do I find, check out the fuel filter. I didn't do the last one so I know who broke it, but didn't feel like driving 50 miles to argue about who done it. The forum left me feeling like WIF sensor could pop out so I figured I'd do something about it. It did drive the last 10,000 miles in this condition so I didn't panic. What's the saying "ignorance is bliss". I did the maintenance and came back at McGuivering the fuel filter after making the hold down out of some stainless I had laying around. Not pretty but I feel better. Found that using the Dielectric grease on the connectors made it easier to disconnect. Anybody else use this or have bad results from using it?

Attachments

Not pretty but I feel better.
I think it's very pretty. Great job. :thumbup:

Found that using the Dielectric grease on the connectors made it easier to disconnect. Anybody else use this or have bad results from using it?
For me the jury is out on some dielectric greases. The turn signal switch I recently removed from a 1995 Buick had copper slide contacts which had turned green where the grease was. I think that caused them to fail. I saw that the replacement switch had no grease at all on the slide contacts. Maybe the contact arc affected the combination of the grease and copper? Using it on static slide on connectors should be fine. YMMV

I was told not to use it on O2 sensors though. This link supports that.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5625314_purpose-dielectric-grease.html

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I drove it to the surrounding areas of Ellensburg, WA.

I'm considering going out to wash the bug splats off the front end.

Top Bottom