engine light

Hoppingmad

Good grief,
brother called tonight, his engine light is on, and he's planning on leaving mich wednesday to get to miami thurs night.(mandatory)
So far he hasn't got out of his driveway, and lhm isn't known yet.
My only suggestion was stealership. especially if it goes to lhm. Jeepers, engine light covers so many things.
Anyone have good suggestion to phone him?????

kendall69

I'm no help I drove 60,000 miles with the engine light on. I put a piece of tape over the light to block it out.

Engine light is a scam as far as I'm concerned.

I swear the write a time code in the software so you go to the dealer for a $200.00 reset.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I think your brother should drive it to figure out if there's a symptom he can cite on the way to someone with a dealership scan tool.

My maintenance and repair log indicates that my Check Engine Light's never illuminated since I drove it off the lot 26,000 miles ago.

-Jon

Hoppingmad

Well he's not answering phone this morning. I'm assumeing his 08 not in LHM anyhow.

Engine light on my 05 also. Seems to run just fine. Was going to check it, but local chrsler(non sprinter ) want $90 to scan it, and service manager gave me a funny look when I asked if he had drb3 or 2. Will have to find a autoparts like pep boys that does a free scan even if it drb2. Need to get myself a DAD.

unik

I think your brother should drive it to figure out if there's a symptom he can cite on the way to someone with a dealership scan tool.

My maintenance and repair log indicates that my Check Engine Light's never illuminated since I drove it off the lot 26,000 miles ago.

-Jon
Today February 20 2010 during drive on a 26,210miles engine light comes ON:idunno: Nice drive condition ~50miles CcontrolON sunshine weather +20C outside.
I did stopped as soon as I can. Check oil, coolant. ALL Staff was OK.
The only problem ASSYT was bipping for 3 month -2,700m:thinking: I did last oil change at local mechanic they did not know how to reset ASSYST:lol:

I drove today the rest of 50miles with "Engine Light" ON
From 3rd attempt made myself ASSYST reseted:rad:

Will see what will be with Engine Light:hmmm:

Probably AAAutorize:eek: Dealler needs my money:eek:

kendall69

I filled up the other day and shortly after the engine light came on and threw a P0299 CODE.

Yes it's making a wooshing, sound I have never heard before. I did a search and seems it could be a number of things.

Now I have to limp to the dealer and go to a dealer that will have little experience since they are all new to sprinters - grrrrrrrrr

Any thoughts would be appreciated.:idunno:

kendall69

No I never fill to spill.

I cleared the code and all was fine but I do hear a hissing whoosing type sound now and the fix only lasts for a few miles then check engine light comes back on and all power is reduced to limp more.

Man this is frustrating.

Thinking now split hose or ??

I read a lot here and also here:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?searchResults@@.ef14c39

I'll try cleaning some things and removing as much fuel as I can and see what happens.

scubanw3

Check the turbo air charge hoses, especially the driver’s side. Look closely for a split around the connector adapter. This is a very common failure. Hope this helps.

Thank you, John
Sprinter Store
http://sprinterstore.com/
A division of Upscale Automotive, Inc.
19460 SW 89th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-692-0846

unik

Check the turbo air charge hoses, especially the driver’s side. Look closely for a split around the connector adapter. This is a very common failure. Hope this helps.

Thank you, John
Sprinter Store
http://sprinterstore.com/
A division of Upscale Automotive, Inc.
19460 SW 89th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-692-0846
I got this post too late.
I had to change oil too, so drove it to Pensacola. During a drive I fill power loss then climbing bridges it shifted to 4gear. Usualy it cross bridges in my areal on 5gear.
Tottaly with oil change it cost 413$ (79$ for oil). I meet very nice Loooooking Sprinter in dealer backyard:drool:

It is not me, but my Sprinter pooled by service-thech

Attachments

Last edited:
I believe “scubanw3”is right – I had the same hissing noise and hat difficult time to figure it out. Lower intercooler hose torn was causing boost pressure to leak (driver side). I replaced the hose with new one – problem was fixed. Van is running like new again.:rad:

kendall69

I hate to ask but......

Can anyone point out the hose you are talking about?

I am going nuts trying to find a diagram or picture of where this hose is?

Sorry to be so dumb about this, but I'm going crazy.

unik

Unik,

That is my Sprinter at Hill Kelly Dodge in Pensacola. Thanks for commenting on how nice it is. Basically, it is useless to me now. They can't/won't figure out what is wrong with it. We tried to drive to Texas to see my wifes brother who suffered a stroke. We only got as far as Mobile AL.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10189&highlight=codes

Happy trails
Aeroshots,
Do You have pix or video about your Sprinter inside???:drool:

Oh if I did know know that turbo:censored:resonator cost 52$:popcorn:
I pay tottal 413$ with included 79$ for oil change:smirk:

Attachments

aeroshots

To see the interior go to here http://www.krystal.cc/1.html#/interior2
Do not trust the "free inspection" as being done. My last trip there to attempt a fix of my Sprinter they did the free inspection too--guess it is standard. Funny how the inspection did not catch the air pressure in my right rear tire being 10 psi low. It was 10 psi low when I brought it there, it was 10 psi low when I got it home.

Hoppingmad

$23 worth of misc., thats a lot of misc. did they give you a free lunch?

10 qts of oil, If I remember correctly ncv3's took about 15 qts and t1n's 13.

unik

To see the interior go to here http://www.krystal.cc/1.html#/interior2
Do not trust the "free inspection" as being done. My last trip there to attempt a fix of my Sprinter they did the free inspection too--guess it is standard. Funny how the inspection did not catch the air pressure in my right rear tire being 10 psi low. It was 10 psi low when I brought it there, it was 10 psi low when I got it home.

When I started with my first car 2000y:popcorn: They did had FREE coffie and DOnuts:rad:
Now only coffie and FREE inspection:smirk:
I did have bad wind-seald whiper from passenger side:lol: They did NOT mention/note/state on invoice:lol:

Aeroshots,
thnx for a link to your interior. Look great, but I do not personaly like windows. It (windows) transfer heat/cold, or vandals :(

Last edited:

HappyFamilyVan

Captain Ahab
I think it has been said before but I will say it again especially after reading your invoice....beware of letting a dealer change your oil...If you go to Dodge, it is unlikely they will use the proper oil...As they do not carry Mobil 1 ESP, they use MB equivilants ...at least that is what they say...based on your price, no way they used the correct oil...and for MB...they do not know how much to put in or which oil to put in since they carry more than 1 type of Mobil one. Wrong oil mean issues down the road....take the 30 minutes of time and do it yourself...I am NOT techincally inclined...and I was able to change my own oil... As for the fuel filter... more involved and you may or my not want to go to a dealer....note: dealers both Dodge and MB have been known to mess these up also by either using the wrong clamps, re-using damaged clamps, or not inspecting the fuel lines that might be damaged...

Remember...cavet emptor - buyer beware ...when it comes to service...

Top Bottom