Tail light trauma

MrTomacco

Mr. Tommaco
I have had issues with the rear tail lights for years. Turn signal wouldn't work, brake light out etc. Usually taking the bulb out and replacing would let it work for a while. Tried sanding contacts on bulbs and sockets. Gave up and looked for replacements. Only found left circuit assembly Dorman 923-031, could not find a right one. It looks copper coated instead of zinc. Got the left one and confirmed the right is exactly the same so ordered another "left" one for the right. Hope this solves the problem.
.IMG_20210620_201637152.jpg

grozier

Thanks and good luck. We changed our lamp assemblies to the E-code versions for registration in Europe. (In retrospect I am not sure it was necessary.) The EU versions we have use clear lenses and colored bulbs. I notice condensation on the inside when camping in cool or cold weather. If you also camp in the off seasons, this could explain faster-than-expected corrosion. We try and run the HVAC fan at level 3 and dash AC engaged all year to try and keep moisture levels down. Not sure if that helps.

Also check the connection between the wiring harness and the stamped circuit board.

CaptnALinTiverton

xT1N Westfalia
I had similar problems. There are some strange contacts in the assemblies that don't make good contact. Anyway I replaced the assemblies with ones from eBay but had to modify a bit to make like ours. Now no problems for a long time now.

AL

MrTomacco

Mr. Tommaco
I had similar problems. There are some strange contacts in the assemblies that don't make good contact. Anyway I replaced the assemblies with ones from eBay but had to modify a bit to make like ours. Now no problems for a long time now.

AL
The dorman fit both sides perfectly, no mod needed.

Top Bottom