T1N lift kit

Thanks a ton for sharing your story - I have the exact van, same year (my 3rd LTV). Wondering if you had Firestone air shocks and if that had any affect in installing the new Billsteins? Also, any update on the how the van rides, etc., after a summer of use. Looks great!

Dee&Omi

Thanks for that info. We own a 2005 Pleasure Way Ts on the 158 high roof Sprinter chasssis. It doesnt clear our new steep driveway and we're thinking of having installed the van Compass 2"lift kit. I see in your post that you also changed suspension and tires. Is that necessary? We are located in Kelowna, BC. Thank you.

tbuyan

'04 3500 140" low roof cargo w/dually delete
No other changes are required to fit the T1N VC lift kit. You can reach out to VC via email, they are responsive.
I installed the VC lift (front only) on my '04 3500 a couple years ago. Everything needed is included, except tools. Took my time, solo, over a weekend, working on a 4-post drive-on lift. The instructions are superb, and everything worked as promised. Also installed new Bilsteins all around in the process. That said, I learned a couple things to make it easier by deviating from the instructions a bit. Happy to share.

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis
I installed the VC lift (front only) on my '04 3500 a couple years ago. Everything needed is included, except tools. Took my time, solo, over a weekend, working on a 4-post drive-on lift. The instructions are superb, and everything worked as promised. Also installed new Bilsteins all around in the process. That said, I learned a couple things to make it easier by deviating from the instructions a bit. Happy to share.
Before and after pics?

hiya

2006 free spirit 210b
Thanks a ton for sharing your story - I have the exact van, same year (my 3rd LTV). Wondering if you had Firestone air shocks and if that had any affect in installing the new Billsteins? Also, any update on the how the van rides, etc., after a summer of use. Looks great!
hi, it does have the air bags, no affect at all for the installation of the bilsteins. The van drives and handles great, lots of gravel roads and the odd 4x4 trail. Absolutely no complaints with the changes i made, happy with the tire size also, etc etc...............i have started to remove the decals and will prob get the maroon painted out with a flat grey/cement color.........................>Marty

hiya

2006 free spirit 210b
Thanks for that info. We own a 2005 Pleasure Way Ts on the 158 high roof Sprinter chasssis. It doesnt clear our new steep driveway and we're thinking of having installed the van Compass 2"lift kit. I see in your post that you also changed suspension and tires. Is that necessary? We are located in Kelowna, BC. Thank you.
hi, i only upgraded the shocks to bilstein shocks and went to a slightly larger tire...........just for my preference of driving on gravel roads/ rough roads etc........like Midwestdrifter said, nothing else is needed, i just did it for my own personal reasons of wanting a little more clearance for off road driving........................Marty

Dee&Omi

hi, i only upgraded the shocks to bilstein shocks and went to a slightly larger tire...........just for my preference of driving on gravel roads/ rough roads etc........like Midwestdrifter said, nothing else is needed, i just did it for my own personal reasons of wanting a little more clearance for off road driving........................Marty
Thank you. I found a place in Kamloops that can do that for us, so we'll be going there this week to discuss it further. Your information is truly invaluable and has allayed my worries about making the van unstable or harder to drive. Thank you so much. I will post about our experience once we go ahead with the project. Cheers from Kelowna.

hiya

2006 free spirit 210b
Thank you. I found a place in Kamloops that can do that for us, so we'll be going there this week to discuss it further. Your information is truly invaluable and has allayed my worries about making the van unstable or harder to drive. Thank you so much. I will post about our experience once we go ahead with the project. Cheers from Kelowna.
no problem, i would call van compass also as they have some great ideas/ advice that may suit your needs better. They were great to talk to when i called and discussed what i wanted. There are other options other than the lift kit, like upgraded rear springs and tuned shocks etc......which will also give you a lift..........., you can PM me and can call etc too if you want more info...............Marty

garage8

Be aware Just want to share ; Van compass kit is the best, there is another company advertising the lift kits for t1n’s with cheaper price but don’t even do business with them because they are thieves . We had our lesson . Just pay an extra and buy Van Compass kits . This thieves company info:
Vagabond Van Company
Jon Parker
988 industrial park rd
Orem, Ut 84057

hiya

2006 free spirit 210b
hi, did you end up getting the lift etc ?.................Marty

Hi Marty - your 210B looks great! I’m finally getting set to follow your lead and do a lift/suspension/tires on my Free Spirit. I know you mentioned that taller tires might not be so good for the highway, but after the lift kit, do you think you could have gone one size up (or at least would the lift accommodate a taller tire)? Also just curious what about what your wrap on bottom cost in CAD? I’m going to do the same thing and delete decals as well. Thanks!

hiya

2006 free spirit 210b
Hi Marty - your 210B looks great! I’m finally getting set to follow your lead and do a lift/suspension/tires on my Free Spirit. I know you mentioned that taller tires might not be so good for the highway, but after the lift kit, do you think you could have gone one size up (or at least would the lift accommodate a taller tire)? Also just curious what about what your wrap on bottom cost in CAD? I’m going to do the same thing and delete decals as well. Thanks!
sorry just saw your questions today, 235/85/16 will fit but i was advised against them as they can "wander" also, the wrap is just on the hood, the bottom is paint..........decals about $500.00, i also recently put on the Mercedes grill, looks much better.......keep me posted with your project

Agile Offroad in Santee, Ca. San Diego county, installed my 2" body lift 5? years ago on my 06 T1N 2500 158"wb. I am not sure if that lift kit was a VC product or a copy of their own. My new larger than stock 245 75 16's fit with no fender rub.

Climbing up into the drivers seat takes a bit of extra effort, but worth it. Adding some side steps would be helpful.

Depending on where you live, you cannot go wrong with either company for this 2" lift and many of their other offerings for our Sprinters.

Top Bottom