What is this symbol?

WinnieView1

Our 2014 does not have the gauge but we think it's indicating that it's now 1/2 full. Check the OM in the glove box for exact information.

Klipstr

2018 Wonder FTB
One thing I learned is that a single bottle of DEF does not fill my system! Mine holds seven gallons! Here I am thinking every time I drop the two gallons in I'm filling the dang thing. Should probably have read the documentation!

My owner’s manual says mine holds 4.9 gallons. Travelled 1050 miles to Virginia. Added about 2 gallons. Came back 1039 miles only added 3/4 of a gallon.

WinnieView1

The gauge may be indicating it's time to refill, not before and not until--we get a Chk Def message and bell when it's time. But with ours it's a real problem if the first notification is ignored or missed and the tank should run dry.

LUNITY

2021LunityTB
My 2016 Sprinter Operators manual says the capacity is approximately 4.7 gallons of DEF.
My practice for the last 50,000 miles has been to check the gauge at random intervals and when it is just below half (just as the OPs photo shows) I stop at Walmart and buy a 2.5 gallon jug and add the whole thing. No muss, no fuss and no storing half full jugs of nasty stuff. Occasionally it does take a while for the gauge to reset. I have never waited for a warning light to add, I do it proactively.

I’m currently on my first trip since having the warranty recall work performed and it seems that the DEF is not being used as fast as in the past, but I have no evidence…

The Sprinter maintenance manual, on page 8, Checking and adding DEF, says ”Check and refill DEF every 20,000 miles. Don’t think that would work very well…

Ran the engine at idle for 20 minutes yesterday and checked. Still read the same. I’m not going to worry about it and see if it changes on my next trip. I know the reservoir is full because I can see the fluid level in the neck.

Top Bottom