How to fix water pooling in shower pan?

Hey ya'll, I know a lot of us suffer this issue of water pooling in our shower pans. Many van shower pans are flat, and even sloped pans pool water if you're not parked on a level surface.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Current idea is a shower mat that wicks & evaporates the water in the bottom, has anyone tried this?

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
The best solution is a slightly convex shower pan (curves upwards to the center), with 2 or more drains in opposite corners.
However, it seems to be impossible to source them outside EU, unless you want to make one yourself.

I could never get all of the water down the drain and then needed to wipe up with a rag

The best solution is a slightly convex shower pan (curves upwards to the center), with 2 or more drains in opposite corners.
However, it seems to be impossible to source them outside EU, unless you want to make one yourself.
That is so smart... this is definitely the most right solution I've heard of.

kcshoots

VanTripping.com
I just wonder what's the big deal with a little water pooling in the shower pan? Once you start driving doesn't the water work its way into the drain with the movement of the van underway?

Top Bottom