Drive cycle parameters

rsmonroe

I was preparing to sell my 2013 Sprinter 3500. In California the seller is responsible for getting the smog certificate. I disconnected the battery ( big mistake) and put all seven monitors to reset. Four have since reset, but three are still "not ready". the NOx/SCR after treatment, EGR and/or VVT, and Exhaust Gas Sensor are still not set.
I was going to have the class action lawsuit recall done thinking the dealer could easily reset the monitors once they tripped them all again. Not the case, I called several dealers in different states and none of them could reset the devices. They all said "just go drive it". Now, I've driven about 300 miles in varying styles and still haven't got a reset. Any suggestions as to what the OBDII needs to complete it?????? My Volvo did the same thing years ago, but Volvo dealer could throw it on a Dyno and shoot the parameters for reset.

Bobnoxious

For a few dollars more
I believe I posted drive cycles in the data section. Let me look.

Bobnoxious

For a few dollars more
Some Mercedes can take as long as 1-1/2 hours.

DE3CBA5B-70FC-45C0-93B4-F25BC5F38CC7.jpeg

mikeme

2015 LTV IB: 2015 3500 V6
I would think it needs to include a full DPF regeneration action initiated by the ECU.

sometimes this takes well over 500 miles.

Bobnoxious

For a few dollars more
More info.

rsmonroe

Took it out for a couple of hundred miles today, no luck. I called a Dyno shop and he suggested taking it out on back roads and drive it in a lower gear to heat up the CAT, he had had some luck with that technique in the past with Mercedes. Didn't think about the DPF regeneration. I'll just keep on trucking...

Top Bottom