4x4 Sprinter service near Long Beach CA

jimkav

New(ish) to area
Dissatisfied with MB of Long Beach
Any suggestions for reputable service mechanics in the area?
Have background in motorcycle mechanics but zero knowledge on complex Diesel engines
2019 144 4x
Thanks

#yardsale

The cruelest dream, reality.
Curious as to how Long Beach Mercedes rubbed you the wrong way. I bought my van there, a great experience. The couple times I have been in for fixes and recalls they treated me good. Anything I should look out for?

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Hi, one in Gardena:

jimkav

Curious as to how Long Beach Mercedes rubbed you the wrong way. I bought my van there, a great experience. The couple times I have been in for fixes and recalls they treated me good. Anything I should look out for?
they won’t give you loaner vehicle when u drop off your van.
Vans my daily
Spend $50k plus on a van and your treated like a second rate costumer, paying 1st rate service pricing.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
they won’t give you loaner vehicle when u drop off your van.
Vans my daily
Spend $50k plus on a van and your treated like a second rate costumer, paying 1st rate service pricing.
NO LOANER CAR? Whaaaaaaat.
Thats a deal killer for me If they’re going to have the van more than 2 hrs. Hoehn Carlsbad provides a loaner - and I bought my van elsewhere (Keyes European in Van Nuys).
Maybe they were just short that day, but friends in Utah with an entry level MB had a no loaner “experience” at a MB dealer near Salt Lake. They go to another dealer now.

jimkav

NO LOANER CAR? Whaaaaaaat.
Thats a deal killer for me If they’re going to have the van more than 2 hrs. Hoehn Carlsbad provides a loaner - and I bought my van elsewhere (Keyes European in Van Nuys).
Maybe they were just short that day, but friends in Utah with an entry level MB had a no loaner “experience” at a MB dealer near Salt Lake. They go to another dealer now.
Nope-per service manager they won’t give loaner to sprinter customers.

#yardsale

The cruelest dream, reality.
I was aware of that…not a deal breaker for me because I have a company car. I thought all Mercedes dealers did not give out loaners for vans. I guess some do. Perhaps they should for warranty work because that’s Mercedes fault, but maintenance?

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Nope-per service manager they won’t give loaner to sprinter customers.
Yeah well they wouldn’t be getting my business then. Perhaps mentioning you’re considering buying an AMG Gwagon would help. ?
seriously though I understand if the sprinter is a “fleet” vehicle from say Big Bob’s Poopstain Plumbing.... but not a sprinter that’s obviously a personal vehicle. They’re obviously not a “value added” or future return customer oriented dealership. So much for the “MB ownership experience”.
And like #yardsale said, they should definitely provide a loaner car for warranty work, or recalls.

Last edited:

Eric B

Adding that Keyes Van Nuys, and MBZ Downtown LA also do not offer loaners for van service or warranty repairs...

Surprised about West Covina @deptofleisure ... then again every time I drive by on the 10, their service lot is full of at least a dozen vans so I figure there must be some backlog to get in there for warranty or service work ...

MWylie

New(ish) to area
Dissatisfied with MB of Long Beach
Any suggestions for reputable service mechanics in the area?
Have background in motorcycle mechanics but zero knowledge on complex Diesel engines
2019 144 4x
Thanks
Did you find someone else to work on your van? The service at Long Beach has gone downhill. Need someone else.

Top Bottom