Improving remote lock distance on Australian T1N sprinters

Charliektm400exc

316 Ex Ambulance 2002
This thread in the write up section details how to improve the distance the remote will work to over 60m.

i had a look in both A pillars on my ex ambo T1N, but couldn’t find any wires that corresponded with the wire they talk about.

does anybody know if a similar hack will work on our vehicles, and if it can be done, which wire should I lock for?

charlie

Eric Experience

Charlie.
There is no other alternative, you have to find the locking module antenna. it is usually taped to the loom going up the right pillar. It is a thin black wire. It is easy to identify because it does not terminate but just ends about half way up the pillar. it may have dropped down but you will find it. Eric

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The SKREEM itself is mounted on the back of the instrument panel ... that's where the antenna wire is connected.

1623338836324.png

At the very worst you could access it and try pulling the wire from the Sprinter's grasp where it disappears out-of-sight.
It's only a single wire with no connection on the far end (since it is an antenna)
In theory, the RKE antenna is a yellow wire connected to pin 1 on the SKREEM's connector.

SkreemConnPins.png

*But* your RKE system may well operate on a different frequency than the US/Canada version, so the SKREEM have have a different assortment and pin allocation (although usually the radio section is a little "daughter board" inside something like the SKREEM housing to make it simple to create the different countries' versions)

--dick
p.s. be VERY GENTLE to the wires on pins 11 and 12 ... they go to the RFID sensing antenna that's hiding in the bezel surrounding the ignition key slot.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
In the US T1N models, the SKREEM handles the radio work and the code verification.

If you're using the "lock doors" button on the dashboard, that indeed has nothing to do with the SKREEM.

--dick

Charliektm400exc

316 Ex Ambulance 2002
Charlie.
There is no other alternative, you have to find the locking module antenna. it is usually taped to the loom going up the right pillar. It is a thin black wire. It is easy to identify because it does not terminate but just ends about half way up the pillar. it may have dropped down but you will find it. Eric
Eric, thanks I’ve been through both wiring looms on the A pillars and nothing like it. Will have to try and see if it’s dropped down.

charlie

Charliektm400exc

316 Ex Ambulance 2002
In the US T1N models, the SKREEM handles the radio work and the code verification.

If you're using the "lock doors" button on the dashboard, that indeed has nothing to do with the SKREEM.

--dick
No, I’m talking about using the remote key. Anyway, Eric has told me which side to go looking on,so I’ll do that. Thanks

Charlie

Top Bottom