OMG!!! Can I get a decent price on a van already???

balhadeff

Contact Info
brian@operaslo.org
Price
$40K
I just can't get a deal on a decent used passenger van... Prior to covid I was not a serious buyer, I was wacking-my-eyes-off looking at sale sites of 2015-2018 sprinters with under 30K miles for around $30-$40K... Fast forward, I sold my X5, and I'm ready to buy, but it's like a rich man's insult show to see what people and dealers are asking for these vans - vans with literally zero extras too... I just won't be ripped off. Sorry... I can't do it. Any ideas or am I just SOL?

So I did a google search "no good deals on sprinter vans" and this forum came up and I joined. This is my first post. Forgive me :)

What's my dream? I'd love a 2015 or newer sprinter passenger van with less than 35K miles for under $40K. 4x4 would be great, but I guess I might as well wish to win the lotto (what a joke!)... 144 base only... Low roof preferable, but I'm open to a higher one if that's the only way out of this deal.

What do I want to do? I want to add a perforated roof rack, front grill, mount two BD LP6s, full running boards on both sides, ladder, and swivel seats to start. Can't do any of this fun stuff if I'm getting reamed on the COVID price terrorism lol...

Last edited:

WinnieView1

A Fistful of settlement Dollars
Did you see this one;

balhadeff

Did you see this one;
Thanks for the help!! Cool! Bummer it's a 170 - I can't fit that in my driveway :(

WinnieView1

A Fistful of settlement Dollars
No worries. You might ask the moderator to move your post or submit another with your needs in the general forum to hopefully find someone with one they want to get rid of;

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Strange, I can't find a buyer on my 2015 converted bus.
It is higher mileage, what is nothing for the engine, but comes with 4 years warranty on most of engine parts.
Nobody wants to pay me $26k for it.
So who is right here?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Strange, I can't find a buyer on my 2015 converted bus.
It is higher mileage, what is nothing for the engine, but comes with 4 years warranty on most of engine parts.
Nobody wants to pay me $26k for it.
So who is right here?
Your Ebay listing says that the van was sold, for $22k.....

jjmcclure

2020 HR 144 4x4
I just can't get a deal on a decent used passenger van... Prior to covid I was not a serious buyer, I was wacking-my-eyes-off looking at sale sites of 2015-2018 sprinters with under 30K miles for around $30-$40K... Fast forward, I sold my X5, and I'm ready to buy, but it's like a rich man's insult show to see what people and dealers are asking for these vans - vans with literally zero extras too... I just won't be ripped off. Sorry... I can't do it. Any ideas or am I just SOL?

So I did a google search "no good deals on sprinter vans" and this forum came up and I joined. This is my first post. Forgive me :)

What's my dream? I'd love a 2015 or newer sprinter passenger van with less than 35K miles for under $40K. 4x4 would be great, but I guess I might as well wish to win the lotto (what a joke!)... 144 base only... Low roof preferable, but I'm open to a higher one if that's the only way out of this deal.

What do I want to do? I want to add a perforated roof rack, front grill, mount two BD LP6s, full running boards on both sides, ladder, and swivel seats to start. Can't do any of this fun stuff if I'm getting reamed on the COVID price terrorism lol...
I’m surprised you can’t find it, offer seems reasonable. Maybe consider researching what fails when and perhaps you can get a comfort level with more miles on the rig - I would prefer higher mileage hwy to lower mileage idling. You’ll find it, good luck to you.

jjmcclure

2020 HR 144 4x4
Does it say I got paid for it?
Ebay takes from our local law enforcement I guess.
Crime not reported did not happen.
Maybe the bids did not hit your reserve price and you simply need to relist it. I just went through a similar process selling a vehicle.

klempak

Yeah, that's why I decided to go with brand new one instead of getting used. No worth of the hassle, and yes I get it, it is more $$$ but 3 year warranty is worth I guess.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Yeah, that's why I decided to go with brand new one instead of getting used. No worth of the hassle, and yes I get it, it is more $$$ but 3 year warranty is worth I guess.
Well... my Sprinter with 260,000 miles comes with 4 years warranty on most of engine components. That on top of new injectors and fuel pumps installed 300 miles ago.
I do have holding deposit for mine now, thanks to RVTrader, but that is how Murphy law works.
When you seek a vehicle - everything in your search criteria is overprized.
When you want to sell - nobody wants it.

van_bae

Hi all! I am a dealer in the Northeast and have plenty of van options and would love to make deal or make special order for you.

Top Bottom