Sold!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 50714
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 50714

Well, I sold my Sprinter and bought a Tacoma, my first 4x4.

Why, many may be curious to know?
Foremost, always feared wife would break a hip during ingress or egress, she was too scared to drive it, and just didn’t have destination confidence, always fearing the dreaded no-start countdown would popup.

Then there’s, the possibility of having to with the expensive to repair, plastic manifold issue. DPF brackets, flex pipe and water pump-vacuum leaks. the list goes on and on.

I’ll certainly miss the head and legroom.

Last edited by a moderator:

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Expectation you got a pretty-penny for it, .. that thing was like-New !

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
How much did you lose on the deal?
Funny. Getting in and out can be discovered at the dealer without a test drive. Lame excuse.
I used to enjoy watching people get out of my MG Midget.
A van is a van and not everyone likes a van. Now, stand up and walk to the back of your Toy.

D

Deleted member 50714

Expectation you got a pretty-penny for it, .. that thing was like-New !
Only 25,000 miles and except for the last 4 months, always garaged. Probably not as much if I sold it private party but didn’t want to hassle with dealing with people saying they’ll come to look but never show. My outta pocket was a little less than a Sprinter engine replacement.

My concerns were the factory and member reported issues, such as, leaking plastic water pump and cracking plastic intake manifold. Particularly the manifold, considering proper R&R would require the services of a knowledgeable, competent and diligent tech to properly reinstall all components.

Also, reports of check engine lights after AEM is troubling. Then there was the $600.00 antenna replacement I avoided.

So, I now have new vehicle with a well-known history of reliability with more abundant service options, and 3 year 36,000 mile warranty.

pfflyer

Congratulations Bob. I am still looking for a comfortable alternative. I haven't driven a Transit lately but the legroom sucked.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Not too many might know, Sprinters are also coming with front swing door, who has comfortable stairway.
I bought such model for my 2nd conversion and am in final stages of it.
When my small dogs could not make the side step even with factory electric step, they make the front stairway just fine.
Than with current AEM and following 4 years warranty, the horror stories of countdowns should end on instant.
Tacoma is whole different game, so my guess is that sooner or later Bob will be back on van market.
Have fun either way.

D

Deleted member 50714

I'm sure you will be missed on the Sprinter forum.
Not certain about being missed.
Unless Sprinter ownership is forum membership requirement, I’ll be around and would like to believe I have contributed some helpful information and insight that mitigated many of what some may have considered aggravating.

D

Deleted member 50714

Congratulations Bob. I am still looking for a comfortable alternative. I haven't driven a Transit lately but the legroom sucked.
Thank you!
Yeah, my brother-in-law rented a Transit, and indeed the legroom sucked. Tacoma leg and headroom isn’t any better. However, we don’t plan on any long distance traveling soon.

D

Deleted member 50714

How much did you lose on the deal?
Hopefully less than the cost, of money, inconvenience, aggravation, and time dealing with repairing known defects.

Funny. Getting in and out can be discovered at the dealer without a test drive.
Wife considers any automobile other than a subcompact, too big.

Lame excuse.
I used to enjoy watching people get out of my MG Midget.
Is that because you’re a sadistic, you know what?

A van is a van and not everyone likes a van.
I enjoyed the Sprinter but it was breaking my heart seeing it deteriorate parked outdoors bombarded daily by overspray from the neighbor slug’s lawn sprinklers.

Now, stand up and walk to the back of your Toy.
Lots of headroom in der bed.

Top Bottom