Alaska Campervan meet up... June 26-27

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
Hi All, I suggested an Alaskan meet up a couple of years ago, this Summer might be a good one for it now after this past year...
June 26-27 is a nice time frame, fishing hasn't really gotten to it's crazy stage yet....
There is lots of space around the bridge over Peters Creek near Forks Roadhouse... this is the Trappers Creek area along the Parks Highway, mi 112 north of Anchorage...
miles and miles of ATV trails, lots to Mtn Bike on also, fishing in Peters Creek and the Forks Roadhouse is around 300 yards away...
anyone interested ??

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
I hope NOT....
I am hoping Canada opens the border to recreational travel soon.... I am planning on going to the Renegade Burn )*( and don't want to fly into Reno and rent a vehicle and scrounge gear..
there are quite a few Sprinters up here, not to mention Rams, Transits and good ol Vans...

borabora

I believe that Trudeau is on record that he wants 75% of Canadians (adults?) vaccinated before the borders are reopened.
Things have changed quickly in the US and that could happen in Canada too but I think it's less than an even chance of happening before August.

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
Hope is free.... 6 long days and I can be Dusty on the Playa but I'd prefer a bit more time for more relaxed days driving and time to stock up on supplies...
I already have my Camp placement on the BM Plan B site, 10:00 and 1/2 mi from the Man....
Afterwards I'd be tempted to cruise around till the Oct NorCal get together and stop in on my way back north...

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
I hope NOT....
I am hoping Canada opens the border to recreational travel soon.... I am planning on going to the Renegade Burn )*( and don't want to fly into Reno and rent a vehicle and scrounge gear..
there are quite a few Sprinters up here, not to mention Rams, Transits and good ol Vans...
The border will probably not open until late fall....

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
welcome 2023 !!!
once again, a Sprinter/Vanlife rendezvous at Cooper Lake…
note the dates, June 24-25… (basically the same time as 2 yrs ago)
easy access, miles of room..
it’s now also mentioned on the “Dyrt” website

VWbrad

Sounds like fun, we’re heading there, but unfortunately we cannot make it as we’re not leaving NY until June 28. We are taking our time enjoying some Canadian parks. Plans are to arrive in Alaska around 2nd week of July.

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
2nd run Reds and Kings will be starting in the Kenai River around then so expect crowds in that area if we have good runs this year…
Waterton Lakes is a hidden Gem as far as Canadian Ntl Parks !! it’s the Sister Park to Glacier Ntl Park in Mt…. Banff and Jasper are beautiful but every bit as crowded as Yellowstone and Yosemite, you’ll want/need reservations…
think about driving the Alcan one way and the Cassair the other, so you see different country instead of just on one…

PFDX2023

Touring with "Fizzgig" a 2023 170 AWD 3500XD
Cooper Lake or Cooper Landing? We're in Anchorage but we curren;ty have other obligations penciled in for the weekend but we'll add this in case they fall through.

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
another reminder of the Sprinter/Vanlife rendezvous at Cooper Lake June 24-25…. lets hope the sun will be out, it’s been an overcast Summer so far…
the OP dates are from 2021…

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
Terrance and Phillip never made it but there were 4 Sprinters that did !! the lake was 15-20’ higher so less shoreline space was available but everyone was able to spread out anyways…
definitely doing this again next year..
IMG_2800.jpegIMG_2846.jpegimage000000.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Bottom