Electronic Chip shortage hurts vehicle sales

I had heard it could be a problem, but maybe it is coming home to roost.

RacerX: "I follow up on a video in which I talk about the worldwide shortage on semiconductors and how it's affecting the automotive industry. Here is the proof of just how bad things are getting."

Kajtek1 should be ok with his Model T. I hope nobody smashes into my T1N's.

vic

WinnieView1

Almost a couple of months ago now there were reports that manufacturers were cutting production starting with 2nd and 3rd shifts.

Roamers

2020 4X4 170 Crew
I visited with a cousin that I didn't know works for a company (don't know what company, but somewhere in Upstate NY) that is connected to semiconductors for the automotive industry. I had mentioned there were several Sprinter options on hold because of lack of chips. He offered that the the CEO of Mercedes recently visited the CEO of his company. So Mother Mercedes appears to be trying. Cousin had nothing to offer except they are doing what they can to resolve issues.

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Reading a news article. Farmers in India have their irrigation water cut so that chip manufacturers can have more.
People will starve because you want a Toyota Tacoma 4x4.

D

Deleted member 50714

Reading a news article. Farmers in India have their irrigation water cut so that chip manufacturers can have more.
People will starve because you want a Toyota Tacoma 4x4.
NEWS FLASH!!! Guilt trips don’t work on me. I refuse to be a scapegoat for the alleged water mismanagement and allocation of foreign nations. What about you and your electronic gadgetry, are you not to blame as well?
With all the college educated geniuses in the world, one should expect hunger, famine and starvation wouldn’t exist.

IMHO, chips should be manufactured HERE!!!

• Wow
Reactions: ECU

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Kajtek1 should be ok with his Model T. I hope nobody smashes into my T1N's.

vic
I am OK without chips, but my parking brake disintegrated.
Turned out - my T had all metal shoes, where the only manufactured at this time are lined. Cost me $100 for upgrade.
Bottom line, I can buy parts for 99 years old car, where those few years old have problems.

Top Bottom