White Vans and Desert Landscapes

bigb

2011 Winnebago Via 25Q on 2010 3500 Tucson, AZ
Some excellent video there, can you give a few clues as to locations? I think I saw Death Valley and Monument Valley but not sure about some of the other places

glasseye

You're right about Monument Valley and about half the images are DVNP. Other locations are the snowy Sierras in Owens Valley near Lone Pine and the cloud-shrouded Vermilion Cliffs in UT. Amboy, CA is the site of the lenticular clouds. The opening shot is Canyonlands NP and the closing shot was made along the Burr Trail at a boondocking location so perfect, I've returned there twice.

FWIW, the editing software I used, Blackmagic Design's "Da Vinci Resolve", is free. You do need some pretty hefty computer horsepower to run it efficiently with live video, but with still images like in this project, it's much less resource-hungry. Windows, Mac and Linux. Extraordinary value at that price.

Camosun

Learning how to use "Guitar Rig 6" and Da Vinci Resolve, I came up with this two-minute video.

Dam Peter. I have been going through desert withdrawal for the past two years and then you come up with that wonderful presentation of all the stuff I have been trying to not think about. Hopefully the border will open and by next winter we will be able to get back to the south west. In the meantime being stuck here in BC ain't so bad.

surferJ

That is a beautiful piece of work. I make some simple surf videos but you are on another level.
It provided the rare experience of saying to the wifey, hey check this out- and she liked it!
Do you have other videos?

glasseye

Do you have other videos?
Probably. :hmmm: Now that I've figured out how to use still pix in videos, I'll do some more.
It's a classic "labour of love" situation. I do it for the fun of doing it.

Glad you guys like result, and thanks for the kudos. If it gets you out on the road, then all the better.

Wow!

No need for any other stimulus type of detractions for what Mother Nature offers for just getting out there for ourselves. This forum is at its best when such perspectives are offered for the cost of simply logging on. Thanks to all here, every day.

Top Bottom