2020 Transmission "clunk" + "jerky" shifting...

Chadmatic

Its not very often that new vehicles end up waiting in line for warranty work in big numbers like the sprinters... They are cobbled together and have horrible QC. .. Hence the pile ups at slet ice.
Tom, you should check out this video of how Mercedes Benz “cobbles” the Sprinter vans together.

lindenengineering

The video you posted is in a production line in Germany I am assuming as I see no CKD/PKD assembly .
The US production is reported to be a PKD and /or CKD operation.

For info, having run both types of assembly operations (PKD/CKD) for a major truck & bus manufacturer in Iran, and several South American countries (notably Peru) numerous technical and commercial challenges present themselves especially when conducting operations in CKD .
For Germany as with many other non domestic brands, the USA is a foreign country for Germans as well as Italy .
On a connected but not totally separate commercial activity why do you think similar off vshoring operations are conducted in Mexico with the likes of Fiat and Nissan?
Dennis

lindenengineering

Really i would like a tour of their USA assembly facility and see how much of it is PKD, or even CKD for that matter & how it arrives on shore, plus how local content is melded with the production line flow.
Dennis

Chadmatic

They are shitboxes on wheels.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it strikes me as odd that somebody would spend so much time and energy here hating on Sprinters as much as you do on a regular basis. It’s very suspicious… seems like you have an agenda here.

Tom Tint

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it strikes me as odd that somebody would spend so much time and energy here hating on Sprinters as much as you do on a regular basis. It’s very suspicious… seems like you have an agenda here.
No agenda, Just trying to help those who may come here looking for real world experiences with these things. I have had 3 of them..This VS30 will be my last.

Roamers

2020 4X4 170 Crew
The dealer says the EGR clogging issues mostly affect 4x4’s but occasionally 2wd. Also, dealer speculates MB will never correct this problem with a new and improved part, but may try to fix it through software updates. Until that time EGR valve inspections and cleanings are covered under warranty (and in my opinion should be covered for the life of the vehicle).
Just got mine back for bunch of work including EGR valve issue. Advisor indicated MB will pay for 3 cleanings.

Roamers

2020 4X4 170 Crew
Didn't ask. 1 down 2 to go! Hopefully the supply of replacement parts will be resolved before I need to be concerned.

Top Bottom