Bigger mud flaps????

Skifam

Hello,

we had the agile RIP kit installed and are running bigger tires. They stick out beyond the wheel wells and mud flaps. When driving home from the main salmon on a freshly chip sealed road it look as though someone had sand blasted the rocker panels! I've been trying to find a straight swap (no new holes in teh van) for larger mud flaps....any leads? Thanks

Escape

The Terrawagen Big Flare kit should provide the protection you’re looking for.

I added it to mine a couple years ago, but haven’t encountered any chip seal yet.

1D88763B-2DA2-41EF-979A-02A4D05EADD8.jpeg

tDot

Install a flat piece of plastic onto the existing flares, like rally cars do. Cut it to any amount of coverage you want. Flashy if you choose a bright colour, but almost unnoticeable in black.

I am sure my response is nothing new here. Truck bedliners' durable polyurethane will hold up against any and all road debris thrown up against the Sprinter vans body.

For some reason, my 06 2500 Freightliner 158" came with no fender flares, front or rear, even though I can see some screw holes that they were there at some earlier point in time before my purchase. Why would they have been removed? At least the screw holes were treated to prevent future rust issues.

I have the front cab doors protected by a bedliner, and am about to do the same for the length of the rocker panels and wheel openings going up to the body panel indents where I will tape it them off.

I plan to paint/roll-on the most rear side glassless window panels behind the rear axle with the same Herculiner bedliner product and the rear door windowless panels included for some nice contrast to the factory silver paint. Somehow my 06 silver paint is holding up well, even with me hardly ever doing more than rinsing the van off once in a while, and even more rarely, waxing as I should. Good thing it was not white!!!!

The truck bedliner products are like having fender flares over all the panels. It would be nice if the product was smoother in texture, and I see some of the new Raptor paints are addressing that texture issue.

Thanks to all here. Every day.

Top Bottom