NorCal Sprinter Campout #6 is on-October 7-11, 2021 at Taylorsville CG

SprinterSnale

'05 T1N 3500 - NorCalSprinterCampout

Here is one way to directly contribute to the battle to save Taylorsville. By helping local resident, Cody Pierce, put fuel in his water tenders.

SprinterSnale

Still awaiting on additional logistical details from Bay Delta Marina owner. While the dates are cemented, there is no pre-registration at this time. The details should unfold next week.

The location on Brannan Island Road is known as the Delta Loop off State Highway 12 with several marinas, cafes and scenic points of interest. Many of my impressionable years were spent dawdling the Delta as a youth and then as a boat owner for many years. Many Sprinter owners come from nautical recreation roots and it will be fun to camp sharing brackish tales in the region of 1000 navigable miles of inland waterway. Stay tuned. Dale

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
This is the area where we have been fultiming for few months after selling the house in 2017.
Frankly, California has much nicer campgrounds, but this is convenient location.

SprinterSnale

Frankly, California has much nicer campgrounds, but this is convenient location.
Of course, but I'm done hosting in the mountains in the fall. Every year in the past six has had a fire nearby jeopardizing the event. 2018 we dodged the Campfire which swept the Concow community and campground clean three weeks later on November 8th. My logic was to move to higher elevations in Plumas County and it worked, for a time. I've enjoyed Bay Area centric gatherings in the past though most have been half day affairs in parking lots. This is a chance to overnight together and bring more rigs into the fold. Bring your kayaks. :)

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Sure "global warming" brings lot of difficulties to our life.
I was planning to boat-camp on Lake Powel this week, but
1 low water level close most of the ramps
2. due to Covid another outbreak all government centers are closed
3. due to fires lake is covered with smoke and even gas fires are not allowed.
That said, we camp for over 20 years in Crystal Basin area, which was burned in early 1980's and was good till 2016, what was our last camping in CA.
Now I remember that getting reservation anywhere on Brannan Island was very difficult, so good luck with that.
In the past we had RV rally in Bodega Bay area. Open area for camping and Ocean view. Strong winds thought, but than normal in most of CA

Last edited:

Kel4

Dude, Taylorsville is smoked up by the Dixie fire. And now Almeda county and parts of desolation wilderness are melting down.

SprinterSnale

Dude, Taylorsville is smoked up by the Dixie fire. And now Almeda county and parts of desolation wilderness are melting down.
...As Per post #20 "
OK, It is official for NCSC 2021, we are moving to Park Delta Bay 922 W. Brannan Island Road, Isleton, Ca.
October 8,9,10, 2021. Fri, Sat Sun.
More details to follow. "

I will ask Vic (the moderator) to change the title line for those reading the title rather than the thread.

SprinterSnale

$65 p/day ?!?!
I'm going to talk to the event coordinator at the facility tomorrow. Been waiting patiently for information the past two weeks. I was pretty upbeat when the initial go ahead came over one hour after messaging... then crickets for three weeks. Strange times.
All my performance gigs for this fall cancelled the past couple weeks. I pretty much retired from concert sound after 40years March 2020. Event planning is complicated and high stakes in a good year (and this isn't a good event year). I throw the event for fun, not profit, no vendors no fees paid to me; I bring the music and pancakes. I love a reasonable challenge and early proper planning in advance for a successful event (usually half a year and now we're 5 weeks out). So much for a grand Fall 2021 comeback.
Final decision and straightforward information in the next couple days. Dale
Prayers and hugs to South Lake Tahoe and the Hwy 50 corridor residents and businesses tonight.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
My California friends after their No CA reservation got canceled due to fires, are going this week to Desert Hot Springs.
Seems they have sites available and I am joining them on short notice.
With Passport America they charge $30/night for 30 amp service.
Just in case you seek other possibilities.

HarryN

The news photos are showing quite a few people evacuating the South Tahoe region, many with campers of various types.

My speculative guess is that they are going to need places to stay and every possible campground will be filled quickly.

SprinterSnale

Folks, I have made the final decision to NOT host the NorCal Sprinter Campout this year 2021.
Apologies to string the thread along, but I worked the angles from a cup-half-full solution focused approach as long as possible.

Bay Delta Resort has been accommodating offering to take us in...but there is a catch. There is a large event already scheduled, Camp Tiny House and a Farmer's Market. We have been offered to come in for free and camp as an 'exhibit' in exchange for having the rigs open for show during the two day event. There is currently 2300 listed as 'interested' and 290 'going'. There will be Tiny House related vendors, and schoolies and other rigs who are welcome at no cost...so long as they exhibit.

I thought long and hard about this. The first offer of a co-mingled event was presented to me early 2020 and I opted out hoping for a dedicated weekend for a Spring NCSC. We checked the place out camping a couple nights on the way back from Big Sur. Then the lockdown. Bay Delta Resort is a nice facility in a picturesque setting on the mighty San Joaquin River, with great bathrooms, a recreation room, tennis courts, boat docks over the levee, and other marinas for food and a cold beverage nearby.

Most of us enjoy a bit of Sprinter show-and-tell, talking to wanna-buys and swapping tales from the road. But the NorCal Sprinter Campout has traditionally been focused on the owners, the end-users, sharing their rigs, old and new, DIY and factory builds and stories with one another in the simple context of a reserved campground for us to spread out, mill around, relax and do our camping thing. In this case, we would be sharing the facility with hundreds of attendees, along with the dozens of full-timers and the general public milling about our open house rigs.

The dynamics of a comingled event as a side show attraction, not being able to utilize the facilities in full, and have a straightforward interface with management poses too many potential caveats at this juncture. I can't thank BDR enough for offering up this potential solution. Many decades working events...and boondock camping...has taught me to follow the gut feeling. I'm not convinced this would be a pleasant, and relatively comfortable experience on par with past campouts and our mission "An Informal Get-Together with Sprinter RVs and Similar Vehicles"

We will certainly miss you all. Best, Dale and Karen

Anybody is welcome to attend Bay Delta Marina's Camp Tiny House no cost showing your rig. Vendors are welcome for a fee as well.
https://www.facebook.com/events/406863853491743
P1210315.JPGP1250060.JPGP1210278.JPGP1210288.JPGP1210294.JPG

Last edited:

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
Well shucks, I had planned on stopping in while on my way to the Red Bull Rampage, relaxing and gabbing with everyone... but thanks for all the effort !!

glasseye

Even though I had no chance to make this event (again), I'm saddened by its cancellation.
I agree, Dale. This was the only possible option given the circumstances.

Painful, but true.

HarryN

Well shucks, I had planned on stopping in while on my way to the Red Bull Rampage, relaxing and gabbing with everyone... but thanks for all the effort !!
Well - if you are really bored, you can stop by my shop in Livermore and we can BS and chat about vans.

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
Well - if you are really bored, you can stop by my shop in Livermore and we can BS and chat about vans.
one of my old HS Buds just bought a fancy place in Livermore, maybe we can meet up for a beer !! I'll be around there in early Nov on my way back to Ak....

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
Maybe grab a beer at Homegrown Hops or pour our own at Del Val Park ?? I'm most likely going to be in Livermore during the week for 2-3 days...

Top Bottom