Queen Sized 12v Heated Mattress Pad

bsqr

I'm totally striking out trying to locate a queen sized heated mattress pad in 12vdc. Has anyone else been able to source one?

Alternatively, how about a good quality 12vdc queen electric blanket?

cbaarch

2016 Unity MB
I looked at my heated comforter which no longer works because if you are not really careful the heating elements (wires) break and you are done but at least you have a nice comforter.
It is a Sunbeam the tag say 140W per side so the easiest is to get a 300-400W inverter.

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Hi, two singles should fit, and give you a little redundancy when the first one breaks.

45Kevin

I've been trying to find out what the energy consumption is on the 12V bed warmers.

My wife wants one and I cant tell her if we can afford it or not, energy wise that is.

tDot

I've been trying to find out what the energy consumption is on the 12V bed warmers.

My wife wants one and I cant tell her if we can afford it or not, energy wise that is.
I've used exactly 1 seat warmer, so don't know how this relates to other heat pads. But the one I had did not cycle off, it stayed steady at roughly 100 watts for its entire use. That works out to roughly 0.9A @ 12v and roughly 7A for a useage of 8 hours.

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
As far as the smaller (twin) 12v pads go, this one seems to be the most common from what I can tell. It draws 6.2A.
https://electrowarmth.com/shop?olsPage=products/t36-12v-bunk-warming-pad-non-fitted-36-x-60

Using two of these has been my fall back position, but a queen would be much preferable.
I had two of the $95 ElectroWarmth pads fail.

Replaced with $20 rear seat heating pad:

Amazon.com: Zone Tech Car Travel Seat Cover Cushion - Premium Quality 12V Automotive Comfortable Pad Cover-Perfect for Cold Weather and Winter Driving: Home & Kitchen

The one I have has the old style control which does not time out. New control has a timer but think that could be defeated with a recycle timer.

Top Bottom