seal roof screws for rain - solar attach

Zundfolge

Always learning...
^what he said.

If you can't wait to order something and have either a good marine supply or darn good hardware store near you, you can also use 3M 4000 fast cure UV sealant...

flyag1

This is the stuff that holds the windows in and it might just hold the solar panels on the roof without screws... however just to be safe I would add the screws

Attachments

flyag1

Is it UV stable?
Being it holds the windows and windshield in you Van I sure hope so. You can get a tube @ O'reily Auto. I used it to glue my solar panels on my homemade rack, my panels are just sitting on (4) 4" long tabs and glued to the tab using this stuff. I also used it to seal the holes I punched through the roof to bring in the 6g wires to the solar controller.

marklg

I use #5962 VHB tape between the brackets and the roof and drive the screws through the tape. Then I seal everything with Dicor. Dicor stays somewhat soft and doesn't crack or pull away as silicone might.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks y'all I got it fixed. No more leaks. I took out all the screws and reattached them with with teflon T silicone and rubber backed washers and bolts with lock screws.

Top Bottom