Help: Espar S2D2 Heater Installation

leslynl

I’ve been trying to install my S2D2 heater due to either not getting the right parts or none at all. For example, I’ve had to buy my own fuel exhaust hoses because the ones I got were much shorter than any seen in YT videos (mine are 19.5” each); same with the air take hose (18.5”). My fuel hose was so short that it barely went pass the front passenger door to attach the muffler and then the total length would leave exhaust coming right near the front of the sliding door! I was only given 2 of the small black tubes and clamps, etc. Can you confirm if your kit had such short hoses and missing parts? I’ve ended up buying most of the parts and feel that I should let the retailer know.

Help: Despite lacking these items, I’ve soldiered on and am now finding that the two electrical fuel wires do not snap and stay in the black fitting? I’ve tried everything to get it to stay. Am I missing something? I’ve attached pictures for your review. What can I do to get the two fuel lines to stay in the black case?

Attachments

leslynl

I had tried that but that’s the extent. But the exhaust hose doesn’t lengthen. I already bought and installed appropriate length. The issue I’m dealing with now is how to get the electrical fuel line to stay in the black case. Any ideas?

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
You(?) haven't crimped the pin sufficiently so the 'wings' are preventing the pin from going far enough into the housing.

Keith.

leslynl

What do you mean crimp the pin? In all the videos, everyone just pushed the wire in? I’m sorry, but I am completely new to doing any of this. I’ve seen crimping wires, but this seems different. Sorry for the ignorance.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Look at the lower pin in your first photo and the metal band above the housing has not been crimped correctly. The 'wing' protruding from the pin at the lower back edge has not been crimped around the wire.

kevin_ingraham

I’ve been trying to install my S2D2 heater due to either not getting the right parts or none at all. For example, I’ve had to buy my own fuel exhaust hoses because the ones I got were much shorter than any seen in YT videos (mine are 19.5” each); same with the air take hose (18.5”). My fuel hose was so short that it barely went pass the front passenger door to attach the muffler and then the total length would leave exhaust coming right near the front of the sliding door! I was only given 2 of the small black tubes and clamps, etc. Can you confirm if your kit had such short hoses and missing parts? I’ve ended up buying most of the parts and feel that I should let the retailer know.

Help: Despite lacking these items, I’ve soldiered on and am now finding that the two electrical fuel wires do not snap and stay in the black fitting? I’ve tried everything to get it to stay. Am I missing something? I’ve attached pictures for your review. What can I do to get the two fuel lines to stay in the black case?
I feel the same way with this missing info. I’m not able to get my easy start pro thermostat to power on. Does it need its own power source or does it get power from the red and brown cable?

VanGoSki

I feel the same way with this missing info. I’m not able to get my easy start pro thermostat to power on. Does it need its own power source or does it get power from the red and brown cable?
It gets its power from the cable to the heater, I can't remember the wire colors off-hand. The heater has two power connections that should be fused, and I recall one of them is for the easy start pro. I'm guessing you hooked up the heater power, but not the easy start pro power.

Top Bottom