Mercedes Sprinter Diesel Emissions Recall

sprintertom

'10 2500 HiTop 144 Cargo
8+ weeks and still at the dealer! Please read my above post as this saga continues.. dealer called last Wed. saying van is ready, I'm 2000 miles away on vacation and say I'll get it Monday morning (today) Unload all my tools etc. in the rain from the mini-me van into my garage last night. Drive down to pickup my fixed van and the kid pulls it up to the service area, I walk out as he's getting out with the engine running and I notice the CEL is 'on'! I go back inside get the service advisor and ask... is this the new fix... the CEL is on all the time? He drives it back to the service bay to scan it and comes back and says... ahhhh the code says your intake manifolds need to be replaced at a tune of $5k!!! WTF... I brought this in for new brake lines, it didn't have a CEL on it ran perfectly. You said it needed some 'emission recall' and now my van has a CEL. He says, look I reset it, take it and see if the CEL goes out... ok so I go back out, start the van and within seconds the CEL is back on. So I drive it about 10 miles and realize this is a death trap... won't go above 2500rpm and going up a slight hill drops from 65 to 45 on a interstate. I call the dealer and tell them, I'm bringing it back, get that mini-me van ready and we need to sit down with the service manager as this is unacceptable! We sit down explain I bought this vehicle here NEW... our company policy is to get it serviced/repaired and a dealer... which this van has never been to any other dealer but you (which mind you is 1 hour away) and having it 8+ weeks I've lost thousands of dollars of income! I also said... every time I call about my van (for other issues) I'm told that its out getting test driven by some MB guru to make sure its ok. How in the world did he not see the CEL? She goes... well the cost is $5100.00 but I'll take 15% off blah blah blah. I am so sick of MB products and I know my company will never buy another as this has 209k miles, needed a rear end for $9k now this brake line repair for $5k and now they want another $5k for this intake manifold BS that happened on their watch!

WinnieView1

A Fistful of Dollars
8+ weeks and still at the dealer! Please read my above post as this saga continues.. dealer called last Wed. saying van is ready, I'm 2000 miles away on vacation and say I'll get it Monday morning (today) Unload all my tools etc. in the rain from the mini-me van into my garage last night. Drive down to pickup my fixed van and the kid pulls it up to the service area, I walk out as he's getting out with the engine running and I notice the CEL is 'on'! I go back inside get the service advisor and ask... is this the new fix... the CEL is on all the time? He drives it back to the service bay to scan it and comes back and says... ahhhh the code says your intake manifolds need to be replaced at a tune of $5k!!! WTF... I brought this in for new brake lines, it didn't have a CEL on it ran perfectly. You said it needed some 'emission recall' and now my van has a CEL. He says, look I reset it, take it and see if the CEL goes out... ok so I go back out, start the van and within seconds the CEL is back on. So I drive it about 10 miles and realize this is a death trap... won't go above 2500rpm and going up a slight hill drops from 65 to 45 on a interstate. I call the dealer and tell them, I'm bringing it back, get that mini-me van ready and we need to sit down with the service manager as this is unacceptable! We sit down explain I bought this vehicle here NEW... our company policy is to get it serviced/repaired and a dealer... which this van has never been to any other dealer but you (which mind you is 1 hour away) and having it 8+ weeks I've lost thousands of dollars of income! I also said... every time I call about my van (for other issues) I'm told that its out getting test driven by some MB guru to make sure its ok. How in the world did he not see the CEL? She goes... well the cost is $5100.00 but I'll take 15% off blah blah blah. I am so sick of MB products and I know my company will never buy another as this has 209k miles, needed a rear end for $9k now this brake line repair for $5k and now they want another $5k for this intake manifold BS that happened on their watch!
We don't want to call your AEM experience 'the best' but more like unbelievable!

Bobnoxious

For a few dollars more
Some one on the forum once commented, Dealerships are lemon factories.

In 6-years of ownership, I have taken my Sprinter to the dealership only twice, once for a timing chain cover recall, the other, to replace the cheesy antenna, snagged by the garage door emergency cord.

I am still waiting for an appointment to replace airbags and perform AEM. I did take it to Car max to sell but they couldn’t buy it because some DMV chucklehead, during state to state title transfer, incorrectly transcribed the mileage reflecting 2,000 more than actual miles on the vehicle.

Conflicted about selling because it certainly has legroom for my 6 foot, five inches of awesomeness. However, concerned my wife may break a hip during ingress and egress and she refuses to drive it because it’s too big. Geesh.

Just saw a tricked-out Tacoma TRD Pro with my name on it.

WinnieView1

A Fistful of Dollars
Some one on the forum once commented, Dealerships are lemon factories.

In 6-years of ownership, I have taken my Sprinter to the dealership only twice, once for a timing chain cover recall, the other, to replace the cheesy antenna, snagged by the garage door emergency cord.

I am still waiting for an appointment to replace airbags and perform AEM. I did take it to Car max to sell but they couldn’t buy it because some DMV chucklehead, during state to state title transfer, incorrectly transcribed the mileage reflecting 2,000 more than actual miles on the vehicle.

Conflicted about selling because it certainly has legroom for my 6 foot, five inches of awesomeness. However, concerned my wife may break a hip during ingress and egress and she refuses to drive it because it’s too big. Geesh.

Just saw a tricked-out Tacoma TRD Pro with my name on it.
There is some truth in "if you want to get sick go check in at the hospital".

Top Bottom