Espar D2 Heater Issues

Votron

I have an Espar D2 Heater with HAK that has been running flawlessly since it was installed over 18 months ago. A few days ago went to turn it on and the red light on the Easy Start came on like normal but just shut off again before the blower started. There are no error messages in the Heater or Control Unit Settings menu. Any ideas on what might be going on and how to troubleshoot would be appreciated.

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
I have an Espar D2 Heater with HAK that has been running flawlessly since it was installed over 18 months ago. A few days ago went to turn it on and the red light on the Easy Start came on like normal but just shut off again before the blower started. There are no error messages in the Heater or Control Unit Settings menu. Any ideas on what might be going on and how to troubleshoot would be appreciated.
I think the most likely reason (in my experience) for red light/no start just before blower is low supply voltage assuming heater has otherwise been running flawlessly. It may have enough to switch to "enabled" and start to start, but when it draws higher current to fire up, the voltage drops below the cutoff limit. It stops the startup process and lights up the red trouble light.

Use a multimeter to check the supply voltage, the closer to the main heater unit the better. Monitor changes while the heater tries to start. Compare with low voltage cutoff limit for heater. If voltage seems low, take action to increase voltage to nominal level (i.e., charge battery). When at nominal level, try starting heater again.

Crossman

Hello
I am having trouble starting my heater. I have the easy start and am getting an H1 Service code error. Checked the voltage to the heater and it is at around 14. No voltage to the pump, and obviously the controller works. Not sure on next steps or what to check next?? Both 20 amp fuse and 5 amp fuse have 14 volts going to them. Pump won’t work and heater won’t engage? Thanks for any advice or next steps. Much appreciated!

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Hello
I am having trouble starting my heater. I have the easy start and am getting an H1 Service code error. Checked the voltage to the heater and it is at around 14. No voltage to the pump, and obviously the controller works. Not sure on next steps or what to check next?? Both 20 amp fuse and 5 amp fuse have 14 volts going to them. Pump won’t work and heater won’t engage? Thanks for any advice or next steps. Much appreciated!
The pump works by receiving pulses of current. In other words, you will not get a static voltage reading. ;)

Top Bottom