2006 Roadtrek cabinet latches, source?

Grouser

Live free,,, or die fighting for it,,,, no2 woke
, the plastic latches that open and close the cabinets are crumbling. Anybody know of a direct replacement source?

Grouser

PXL_20210407_154411983.jpg Here's a picture of the plastic part that broke

Last edited:

Ho-Hum

I replaced a couple with this. The bar is a little shorter than my originals, but they still work. I found some the same size as my originals, but the price was over 3x this price.

I have fixed a couple also. A quick fix is to drill and tap a 6-32 hole in the moving part, drill a clearance hole in the outer part , insert a 1 inch long 6-32 screw through the clearance hole into the moving part and you are fixed for cheap. If a spring is needed use a ball point pen spring.

Last edited:

Grouser

Man that looks pretty close to what I got thanks for the link

Grouser

Can you explain what the problem you had with the different sizes. Sounded like there was a different size but they charge too much for them do you have a link to those? Thanks

Ho-Hum

Can you explain what the problem you had with the different sizes. Sounded like there was a different size but they charge too much for them do you have a link to those? Thanks
The problem I had with the OEM size latches at various companies was the price. $24.97 each. The smaller size works well, especially for the price. I looked today for the larger size, but didn't find any out there in a quick search. The url I had bookmarked for that one no longer exists.So, I don't know if anyone sells them anymore. Several companies sell the smaller tabbed one at under $8.

The problem I had with the OEM size latches at various companies was the price. $24.97 each. The smaller size works well, especially for the price. I looked today for the larger size, but didn't find any out there in a quick search. The url I had bookmarked for that one no longer exists.So, I don't know if anyone sells them anymore. Several companies sell the smaller tabbed one at under $8.
I brought 3 "small" one. But it just doesn't work well. So for just one piece, I have not choice but ready to pay $24 if it is still available.

Can you tell me the name of the parts that it was called on internet. May be I can continue do the search.

Thanks!!

Ho-Hum

I Googled RV Cabinet Hardware or RV Cabinet Latch. I really don't think the larger ones are available anywhere, anymore.

Grouser

Here's a copy of an email I got from a supplier it's worth a try

Please call RV DESIGNER (800) 938-5883, they should be able to help you determine what you need.

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Customer Service Team
support@dyersonline.com
Phone: (623) 266-3022
www.dyersonline.com

Top Bottom