2006 Roadtrek cabinet latches, source?

Grouser

, the plastic latches that open and close the cabinets are crumbling. Anybody know of a direct replacement source?

Ho-Hum

I replaced a couple with this. The bar is a little shorter than my originals, but they still work. I found some the same size as my originals, but the price was over 3x this price.

I have fixed a couple also. A quick fix is to drill and tap a 6-32 hole in the moving part, drill a clearance hole in the outer part , insert a 1 inch long 6-32 screw through the clearance hole into the moving part and you are fixed for cheap. If a spring is needed use a ball point pen spring.

Last edited:

Grouser

Can you explain what the problem you had with the different sizes. Sounded like there was a different size but they charge too much for them do you have a link to those? Thanks

Ho-Hum

Can you explain what the problem you had with the different sizes. Sounded like there was a different size but they charge too much for them do you have a link to those? Thanks
The problem I had with the OEM size latches at various companies was the price. $24.97 each. The smaller size works well, especially for the price. I looked today for the larger size, but didn't find any out there in a quick search. The url I had bookmarked for that one no longer exists.So, I don't know if anyone sells them anymore. Several companies sell the smaller tabbed one at under $8.

Top Bottom