Install Starlink into van roof

r456

2024 AWD HR CREW VAN
Starlink is high speed global satellite communication developing by Elon Musk. It is in Beta production now. We hope the technology can be mature in a year. It would be fantastic to power the Sprinter van with Starlink!

The telecommunication coverage in US is pretty bad. There is no cell signal in just a bit remote areas, even in some corners of populous areas. Starlink would be a great asset for van folks and all kinds of motor travelers!

Keep the hope up.

kcshoots

VanTripping.com
Starlink is very exciting but not yet ready for mobile applications: 1) the antenna position is not yet ready to be on the move/relocated from a fixed position; 2) it's a large antenna for a vehicle rooftop; 3) it does consume a lot of power; 4) at this time availability of service is very limited to certain areas. I'm excited too for it's possibility when available for mobile applications.

r456

2024 AWD HR CREW VAN
Starlink is very exciting but not yet ready for mobile applications: 1) the antenna position is not yet ready to be on the move/relocated from a fixed position; 2) it's a large antenna for a vehicle rooftop; 3) it does consume a lot of power; 4) at this time availability of service is very limited to certain areas. I'm excited too for it's possibility when available for mobile applications.
YES! keep the hope up! i think it should be available even on mobile phone in not distant future. I hate so much to lose communication signals.

VAN7

Mobile is coming
Musk tweeted that
U can change location thru starlink
Whether u get service at new address depends on sat flightpath

marklg

Actual review shows it has a ways to go. Unobstructed view of the sky is critical and even with that it is inconsistent, with dropouts happening often. It may be some time before it is effective for mobile operations.

Regards,

Mark

Top Bottom