How to fix upper ac cabinet?

grozier

You need to remove it via the steps in the manual and bring it to a carpenter who may have to fully disassemble and reglue.

Removal is not terribly difficult but it helps to have a second pair of hands; also be sure to cover the countertops with towels to prevent scratches.

CaptnALinTiverton

xT1N Westfalia
I just drilled a vertical hole and inserted a long (a few inches - don't recall size right now) stainless steel self-tapping screw after jacking it up into original position. (i.e.: Fixed it the easy way).

AL

luvwagn

I just drilled a vertical hole and inserted a long (a few inches - don't recall size right now) stainless steel self-tapping screw after jacking it up into original position. (i.e.: Fixed it the easy way).

AL
I'm wondering about just laying in a bead of good adhesive and jamming a 2x4 under there vertically to apply upward pressure and see if it'll stick :p

Adolphus

I'm wondering about just laying in a bead of good adhesive and jamming a 2x4 under there vertically to apply upward pressure and see if it'll stick :p
Use a 16 1/4” long cripple to hold the cabinet in place for reinstalling with original hardware. I’ve verified this works on my a/c conversion.

see also:

Adolphus

Use a 16 1/4” long cripple to hold the cabinet in place for reinstalling with original hardware. I’ve verified this works on my a/c conversion.

see also:

Clarification- this was after I removed the upper cabinet to modify the ductwork for the new AC and tighten up loose joints.

Top Bottom