2020 RWD Crew Build

AndyMAC

Is the countertop bamboo plywood? where do you get them?
Also, how did you fasten the Ceiling/wall transition trim?
thanks,
The counter and table are bamboo “plywood”, but it’s really grass, haha. I have a local source around the Portland area, but not sure where you are. The trim is attached to the wall and also the Celtec that extends beyond the ceiling.

Last edited:

AndyMAC

Upper bed panels completed. Easy to move around and you can completely remove the entire bed and mounting system in about 2 minutes. The panels stack on the rear most panel so that it is out of the way for using the dinette table. 3DE50FC4-FBFC-4892-AFAF-C0F9B4A2AE65.jpegAF488098-D4DC-4582-B772-68F7E77CC5A9.jpeg51F9569E-33AB-4FA0-9546-277A3F1469F5.jpeg

effseetee

'21 144 Cargo 2500 Gas - Portland OR
Bed looks amazing. How did you mount the L-track up that high? Did you have to put some kind of brace behind it? (and if you don't mind me asking how high is the bed set at?). Been trying to figure out how to mount a bed at 44 in!! Any info would be amazing, thanks!!

AndyMAC

Bed looks amazing. How did you mount the L-track up that high? Did you have to put some kind of brace behind it? (and if you don't mind me asking how high is the bed set at?). Been trying to figure out how to mount a bed at 44 in!! Any info would be amazing, thanks!!
Pm sent.

emilyburd

Hey Andy, we're on our 2nd build (2019 Crew) and live in Portland. Any chance we could connect on how you adapt the old headliner for trim pieces? We used cedar T&G as well for the ceiling. Would love your insight - and thankfully saw this before tossing the old headliners! Thanks

AndyMAC

Would you pls put a link to Dometic sink and bamboo countertop? They look really good. thanks
The Dometic sink is the 8005. You can get it several places (Amazon, Panther RV)

I custom make the counter top from 3/4” bamboo. I buy it in 4x8 sheets and fabricate the counter top, cut the sink opening and then seal the top with marine grade waterproof sealer.

AndyMAC

Hey Andy, we're on our 2nd build (2019 Crew) and live in Portland. Any chance we could connect on how you adapt the old headliner for trim pieces? We used cedar T&G as well for the ceiling. Would love your insight - and thankfully saw this before tossing the old headliners! Thanks
Sent PM

striato

Follow along as we build the third installment of a beautifully crafted custom Sprinter.

144 Crew Van (well optioned) that will seat five/sleep five. Convertible u shaped bench in the rear and removable panel bed. Bamboo table on Lagun mount.

Lion Energy Lithium battery electrical system charged by 315W panel and option to charge via shore power. Victron solar charge controller, BMV 712 battery monitor. Cotek 1000W inverter with wall mounted remote. All interior lights on dimmers and plenty of USB charging ports.

13Gal fresh water tank in bench with rear shower outlet. Kitchen cabinet with Isotherm Cruise 65 fridge and Dometic sink. Bamboo countertop.

Espar S2D2 diesel heater mounted under passenger seat. MaxxAir Deluxe fan w/remote.

Cedar ceiling and custom cabinetry throughout.

The build is underway and should be wrapped up by the end of April. I will post more pics and write ups shortly...just taking advantage of the nice weather and spending as much time possible building.
View attachment 176967View attachment 176968View attachment 176969View attachment 176970
Hi Andy,
What wheels are these? Really like them!

Best,
Summer

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Hi Andy,
What wheels are these? Really like them!
Hi, Method, prob 701

Top Bottom