'02-'03 612 Fuel Rail Solenoid O-ring Kit

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
This info may be useful for someone trying to diagnose and solve fuel system problems or as an addition to your emergency parts travel kit. The 612 fuel rail has a removable and serviceable fuel pressure solenoid with o-rings- later '04-'06(647 engine) solenoids have no o-rings but are NOT removable or serviceable. This solenoid is located at the rear(firewall end) of the fuel rail and is held in place by 2 small torx bolts. Its 2 O-rings, if leaking, can cause drive-ability problems. The small o-ring if leaking can cause INTERNAL fuel leakage (inside the fuel rail) with no apparent outer fuel seepage. This can seriously affect engine operation and is one of the first- basic checks a trained technician will perform. There is a large O-ring, a small O-ring and an accompanying nylon spacer for the small o-ring. The nylon spacer has a diagonal slit to facilitate installation on the solenoid groove. These parts have been difficult to find on parts diagrams and I am happy to report are now available in a SINGLE kit with a single part number- 5175439AA . About $10.00 retail. Keep one in your emergency travel kit, Doktor A

[NOTE - MB # A0149977045]

Last edited by a moderator:

peecee

Replaced my o-rings with the kit mentioned this weekend, not a very difficult job at all.

Cheers

PeeCee

Colorado_Al

Is this kit still available? Dealer says part #5175439AA is not valid.
I found the cross reference MB part # A0149977045 and can get that on order from the MB dealer. $16.
Should I check with another Dodge dealer?

This info may be useful for someone trying to diagnose and solve fuel system problems or as an addition to your emergency parts travel kit. The 612 fuel rail has a removable and servicable fuel pressure solenoid with o-rings- later '04-'06(647 engine) solenoids have no o-rings but are NOT removable or serviceable. This solenoid is located at the rear(firewall end) of the fuel rail and is held in place by 2 small torx bolts. Its 2 O-rings, if leaking, can cause driveability problems. The small o-ring if leaking can cause INTERNAL fuel leakage (inside the fuel rail) with no apparent outer fuel seepage. This can seriously affect engine operation and is one of the first- basic checks a trained technician will perform. There is a large O-ring, a small O-ring and an accompaning nylon spacer for the small o-ring. The nylon spacer has a diagonal slit to facilitae installation on the solenoid groove. These parts have been difficult to find on parts diagrams and I am happy to report are now available in a SINGLE kit with a single part number- 5175439AA . About $10.00 retail. Keep one in your emergency travel kit, Doktor A

Last edited:

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
I went out to the dealer and they ran the MB # and cross referenced it to Mopar. Came up with the same #5175439AA.
He said he can get it but it isn't for my vehicle.
I said order it anyway.
Should be here by Wed.
Thanks for the help!
You should be fine. I don't recall anyone here ever mentioning that there is a different fuel rail solenoid seal for the NAS aka NAFTA 2001 - 2003 range OM612 engines.

:2cents: vic

P.S. - Did they have it in that most important white motif?

EZoilburner

03 2500 158wb HR
I ordered this kit from the dodge dealer a couple of weeks ago and it is the 2 rings and the other teflon (?) seal just 3 rings on a bag. If You never pulled the solenoid before make sure the socket You use has thin walls, I had to grind them on mine or it would not make it straight to the torx bolt.

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Last edited by a moderator:

JBlanchardAMS

Thanks for the Post above! 2002 Freightliner Sprinter OM612 developed problems after a fuel filter replacement. Long starts at first then things got worse. One day after a long day of working it stopped running while in Drive in a grocery parking lot. Total loss of power but I was able to coast into a parking spot to await a towtruck. Engine Temps were normal etc. We were looking at an expensive high pressure fuel pump replacement, but after rebuilding the solenoid for around $13.65 (Thanks EuroParts!) we are back on the road!
Thank you for this timely thread. We really love the Sprinter-Forum community :)!

Miguel 77

my kit have four parts. the two o rings, the small gold ring and one that is bigger. Were do i put the bigger ring? sprinter 2001.

Top Bottom