VS30 PSM Stock Programs

jmole

Hi all, I couldn't find these on the Mercedes Upfitter Portal, so thought I'd post them here.

If you have the PSM module (code ED5), your dealer can load any of these programs onto the unit to help you build your ultimate Sprinter. The PSM comes unprogrammed ex-factory.

I'm planning to use the door open/close signals as a more reliable signal for my AMP Research Power Step instead of the magnetic reed switch that comes with the kit from SprinterStore.

What would you do with PSM signals? Post below!

Attachments

JIB

It would be nice to find a way to isolate the lock and unlock function of the rear doors separately from the three front doors.

DisplacedSconnie

'20 2500 144 4x4 in Pebble Grey
@jmole, thanks for posting this. I, too, have been looking for a way to tap into the PSM to signal the AMP PowerStep - it seems a more elegant solution than tapping into the signal wires. That said, I am not sure the voltage levels off the PSM/MPM are what the PowerStep control module is looking for - have you implemented your solution yet? I am finalizing my install this week on my '20 Freightliner 144 4x4 HR, and just need to finish the wiring connections (fun project!).

jmole

@jmole, thanks for posting this. I, too, have been looking for a way to tap into the PSM to signal the AMP PowerStep - it seems a more elegant solution than tapping into the signal wires. That said, I am not sure the voltage levels off the PSM/MPM are what the PowerStep control module is looking for - have you implemented your solution yet? I am finalizing my install this week on my '20 Freightliner 144 4x4 HR, and just need to finish the wiring connections (fun project!).
I haven't yet - but this is what the PDFs say:
  • Low Side values supply Ground when activated and remove Ground when inactive.
  • High Side values supply +12V when activated and remove +12V when inactive.
I doubt they have relays for every output, so it is probably an open-drain or open-collector output that either activates a low-impedance path to ground/12V or puts it in a high-Z state.

I haven't run a current probe on the PowerStep to see how much current the "activate step" pin pushes when it's grounded, but I can't imagine it's more than 100mA or so.

In any case, the polarity is wrong for the signals (door signals are active high, PowerStep expects active-low), so you will need to turn the 12V active-high output from the PSM into an active-low input for the PowerStep. Easy way would be a NO relay for each door - just make sure the relay's activation and hold current is low enough for the pins on the PSM you care about (1A or 0.5A, depending on the pin).

carbon60

That's extremely useful, thanks for the post. I ordered my vehicle with the PSM and I hope to spend some free time coming up with neat stuff to do with it. :)

Top Bottom