Next Generation Electric Sprinter

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
We bought an EV last year VW ID.4 and it has worked out great (mostly) for us. It has really opened our eyes on the benefits of EV's. Yes, not perfect, but certainly part of the transportation evolution.
I too, have added an EV to my "fleet" of vehicles.

It gets driven frequently because it is cheaper to run (50%), has enough interior room for stuff, out-accelerates most anything else in the city, has more than twice the range needed for my normal 100 mile grocery run, extremely quiet, has almost zero maintenance requirements (no engine oil, transmission fluid, etc), and I just plug it in when I get home. Haven't noticed a significant change to my electric bill

It does not replace my pickup truck when I need to haul concrete blocks or lumber or tow the boat, nor does it replace my RV, or even my RV toad.

Horses for courses.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I’d love to see the load capacities of an electric van. Lots of people run into weight issues when converting to an RV. I run into weight issues all the time transporting cargo. Every pound counts. I don’t see these (Or the Tesla semi’s) being compelling to commercial users or conversion vans for quite some time.
The eSprinter's payload is said to be around 700-750kgs.

The way the higher overall weight has been addressed here is through an exemption from the licensing requirements that normally apply when you go above 3.5t, so although the electric Sprinter tare weight is very heavy and its maximum loaded weight puts it comfortably above the normal upper regulatory limit of 3.5t it enjoys an exemption from everything else that it would normally have to comply with.

I wonder if in due course we might see the same for trucks.

Top Bottom