RECALL: 2019-2020 MB Sprinter 1500-4500 - Incorrect Lock for Electric Sliding Door/FMVSS 226

Winterbagoal

2018 Winnebago Navion 24V on a 2017 Cab Chassis
March 10, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V153000
Incorrect Lock for Electric Sliding Door/FMVSS 226
In the event of a crash, the sliding door could dislocate more than intended, and increase the risk of injury to vehicle occupants.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V153000
Manufacturer Daimler Vans USA, LLC
Components LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES
Potential Number of Units Affected 56
Summary
Daimler Vans USA, LLC (DVUSA) is recalling certain 2019-2020 Mercedes Benz Sprinter vehicles equipped with an optional electric sliding door. The auxiliary lock on the sliding door may be the incorrect type for an electric sliding door. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 226, "Ejection Mitigation."
Remedy
DVUSA will notify owners, and dealers will convert the sliding door from electric to manual function, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin April 12, 2021. Owners may contact DVUSA customer service at 1-877-762-8267. DVUSA's number for this recall is VS3SCHIEBT.
Notes
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
8 Affected Products
3 Associated Documents

GLJones

"DVUSA will notify owners, and dealers will convert the sliding door from electric to manual function, free of charge"

Does this mean the electric door you paid for is no longer electric? Gonna be some pissed off customers.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
"DVUSA will notify owners, and dealers will convert the sliding door from electric to manual function, free of charge"

Does this mean the electric door you paid for is no longer electric? Gonna be some pissed off customers.
But the best bit is that MB will at least not charge you for the privilege of removing the paid for feature "free of charge." :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Tom Tint

I brought my 2020 in for the other recall last week. Told them my power slider rattles like a can of nickels ...They said it was "normal"

Glenn233

I brought my 2020 in for the other recall last week. Told them my power slider rattles like a can of nickels ...They said it was "normal"
I hear a metalic rattling coming from my power sliding door too. Was the dealer able to fix it?

YEP! It only is applicable to 56 vans in the entire USA. Mine is one of them. Took my 2020 4x4 crew van in today for 5 recalls. Power slider is supposed to get converted to a manual slider "free of charge". We paid $803 for the power slider, plus there will now be an open/close button on the dash, on the b-pillar and a button on 4 key fobs that will no longer work. Dealership in Pleasonton told me to call Mercedes, as it "was not their recall, but the factory's recall". BS. Three hours on the phone and we have a case opened to get Mercedes to refund the power slider.

No idea what they will do. There's an internal motor, cables, a different door handle and a belt drive system. Curious how they will fix it. Still under warranty so I will just hammer them until everything is perfect. One reason we bought this van ($77K) was for the power door as we have two little girls that can open and close the door themselves. Such a bummer. 21'+ vans with the electirc slider are exempt. I'm so fed up with MB. They could care less.

Top Bottom