Error code p2822, on 2004 Sprinter 158 WB

kasey

Hi, I am trying to see if anyone has dealt with an error code p2822. I did some research on this and it's referring to a Faulty Pressure Control Solenoid 'J'.
I've went to europarts-sd.com and try to order this solenoid but it only has a, b or c??? where's j...

I've flushed the transmission fluid (including the torque converter), new conductor plate, adaptor plug. Also cleaned the whole valve body with electronic spray, removing the solenoid and reinstalling after cleaning. Cleared the code with my autel ap200 reader and the code keeps coming back after a few miles of driving.

Anyone has any insight on this please let me know, running out of ideas on getting rid of this check engine light error code P2822.

Thanks for any help.

kasey

what scanner did you use? sprinter specific?
Autel MaxiAP200, I've downloaded the sprinter one. 2004 sprinter 158wb. New glow plug and module. New Battery. New egr valve. And transmission flush. Checked all hoses all seemed good

erldrums

2006 tin long tall 2500
all the other usual stuff?..oil in the harness up to the tcm, etc, etc?
i've not seen a solenoid "j"?

kasey

There was oil by the connector, I will have to look at the tcm under the driver seat , tomorrow..thanks

kasey

Ok so I've cleaned a little oil off the wire harness from the tcm and the plug connector with electrical spray. Let it dry and reinstalled.

Some places was point to the crank position sensor so out of regular maintenance I've also replaced that as well.

Reset the check engine light and it's shifting more sluggish.

Running out of ideas things to look for. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

areeevan

super awesome member
I also have this code continuing to pop, and am unsure of it's diagnosis. The sprinter mechanic I've gone to wants to replace the TCM box (possibly faulty due to trans fluid seepage), and then the solenoids. I'm reluctant to spend 1.5k for them to do this.

Am seeking other opinions... also have a 2004, 118!

areeevan

super awesome member
I came across this article, it seems pretty helpful

It looks like the solenoid "J" is an electrical component that looks pretty easy to instal. not sure where it's located exactly.

areeevan

super awesome member
I already replaced the plug connector and cleaned the TCM a while ago (contact spray) and the code keeps returning. I'll try replacing the entire wire harness, the TCM, and then the solenoid, in that order. Not sure how difficult it will be to replace the harness, but it's probably the cheapest thing to start! Then the TCM because it's super easy to replace, just expensive! Then I might need help with the solenoid, as I'm thinking it'll be invasive.

I came across this article, it seems pretty helpful

It looks like the solenoid "J" is an electrical component that looks pretty easy to instal. not sure where it's located exactly.
That solenoid information doesn't appear to be NAG1 transmission specific.

It would be interesting to see what the Ord DTC book lists for the P2822. (If he lists it as Sprinter specific.) My Ord copy is away from me right now or I'd look it up.

vic

Keith,
Thanks. The PDF is handy.

And it does not seem to recognise P2822.
I didn't find it either. It is certainly not listed in the EGS aka TCM section. The "solenoid j" thing doesn't seem to apply.

A quick search found these posts among others.

Maybe somehow related to the T21 Recall?
"P2822 - listed as one of the standard codes indicating IC needs replacing "

vic

lindenengineering

Oh boy this old stuff, and associated with hydraulic control transmission.
You'll be lucky to find that animal unless you like tinkering on old Chev transmissions & Borgeh Warners on old Jags !!
Dennis

areeevan

super awesome member
I was told to get a hold of a dealership about a software upgrade. It may just be an old stored code that is no longer relevant.

areeevan

super awesome member
@Aqua Puttana I called Mercedes Dealer and they were no help. I also have a bunch of IC codes (5) and 2 "open circuit communication codes" (which seem like they could be related), and the weird IC battery drain thing. After reading through a couple T21 threads, I'm going to take this to a recommended nearby MOPAR demanding some recall help. This is all pointing to an IC issue, and think these are all DTC related from an update gone wrong. Thanks for chiming in.

Last edited:

cljorgen

I am a new Sprinter (04 Freightliner 144 SHC) owner and have been lurking in here while I slowly clear all the codes it came with. This forum is awesome and a real money saver. I have this same code that continues to pop up and also the T21 "upgrade". It includes the instrument panel not turning off unless you turn the key 3 times to the Aux position prior to removing the key. Please let us know how this turns out if you do resolve it. Thanks for all the help from the community.

areeevan

super awesome member
UPDATES:
I went to one of the only MOPAR dealers in town. They gave me the run around, and basically wouldn't touch the vehicle concerning any IC, programming, or recall stuff. However, the tech provided a leader. I've now got an appointment with a specialized ECU / PCM programmer. They are very familiar with the recall issues, and have quoted around $500 to reprogram. Will repost with updates.

areeevan

super awesome member
I am a new Sprinter (04 Freightliner 144 SHC) owner and have been lurking in here while I slowly clear all the codes it came with. This forum is awesome and a real money saver. I have this same code that continues to pop up and also the T21 "upgrade". It includes the instrument panel not turning off unless you turn the key 3 times to the Aux position prior to removing the key. Please let us know how this turns out if you do resolve it. Thanks for all the help from the community.
I was told that because Freightliner is with Deimler, and because they still work directly with Sprinters, their official dealers may be able to help you, unlike Dodge.

Top Bottom