What should I do with the OEM air conditioner

Kim_Marcus

Kim Possible
I have the standard/low roof and keep bumping my head on the rear air conditioner. Should I consider taking it out or leave it alone. I won't bump my head when the bed is installed, but this unit only works when I'm driving. So, I'm trying to get a grip on whether or not I should consider doing something else. What have others done with respect to air conditioners on passenger conversions?

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
It all depends where you go on your vacations.
Big part of my life I spend in San Francisco area, where we were camping in high Sierras.
I actually removed AC and generator from 1 of motorhomes as we never used, where carrying dead weight made no sense to me.
Now I moved to Las Vegas and usually camp is southern states.
AC is on 100% during the days and 90% at nights.
With diesel engine just sipping fuel at idle, it can be cheaper to run the van engine instead of using gas-guzzling generator.

Kim_Marcus

Kim Possible
It all depends where you go on your vacations.
Big part of my life I spend in San Francisco area, where we were camping in high Sierras.
I actually removed AC and generator from 1 of motorhomes as we never used, where carrying dead weight made no sense to me.
Now I moved to Las Vegas and usually camp is southern states.
AC is on 100% during the days and 90% at nights.
With diesel engine just sipping fuel at idle, it can be cheaper to run the van engine instead of using gas-guzzling generator.
Thanks, just had a duh moment....appreciate your insight.

Top Bottom