Legless Awning on a Flatline Van Co Low Pro Rack?

Has anyone mounted a legless awning like a Dometic 9500 or a Girard GG750 to the Flatline Van Low Pro roof rack?

It seems like it should work, but I haven't seen any examples.

They have a mount kit for the Fiamma: https://flatlinevanco.com/collections/sprinter/products/low-pro-roof-rack-fiamma-f80-kit which seems to basically just get out of the way of the awning mounts.

How do the Dometic and Girard compare to the Fiamma?
That Fiamma is a roof mount awning that attaches to the factory roof rail. The Girard and the Dometic are rack mount awnings that attach to a vertical surface. Longer term I'll be getting a Safari Rack, so I don't want anything on the roof rail that will interfere with that.

Van-demic

That Fiamma is a roof mount awning that attaches to the factory roof rail. The Girard and the Dometic are rack mount awnings that attach to a vertical surface. Longer term I'll be getting a Safari Rack, so I don't want anything on the roof rail that will interfere with that.
You might want to check out Tanner Racks. They were able to build me a safari rack where the deck recesses to accommodate a rail mounted awning. My rack looks integrated with the awning and the lines of the top rail are still symmetrical. It’s a really clean look. You do lose some roof deck space. Overall, I’m really happy with how it turned out. Overland Van Project did the design. Tanner is in Bellingham, Wa. The awning is a powered/legless model from Carefree.

Attachments

You might want to check out Tanner Racks. They were able to build me a safari rack where the deck recesses to accommodate a rail mounted awning. My rack looks integrated with the awning and the lines of the top rail are still symmetrical. It’s a really clean look. You do lose some roof deck space. Overall, I’m really happy with how it turned out. Overland Van Project did the design. Tanner is in Bellingham, Wa. The awning is a powered/legless model from Carefree.

Thanks for the Info. I've seen Tanner Rack stuff a few times, but that's the first rack around an awning I've seen.

Philip53

2021 2500 Sprinter 170, 4 cyl gas
Here are a few not so good pictures of a Fiamma F65s Eagle with a Flatline low pro roof rack. It does look pretty elegant, but was a genuine PITA to do. In the end, the roof rack, solar panel and the awning are all at the same height and look seamless. And as all are interconnected, it is very strong.

Attachments

Here are a few not so good pictures of a Fiamma F65s Eagle with a Flatline low pro roof rack. It does look pretty elegant, but was a genuine PITA to do. In the end, the roof rack, solar panel and the awning are all at the same height and look seamless. And as all are interconnected, it is very strong.

Interesting. It looks like you modified the rack with and mounted it directly yo the roof? That's what I'm hoping to avoid be using a rack mount awning bolted to the side of the full width FLVC Rack. I'm relatively confident I can make it work but not quite confident enough to lay out the cash to order the stuff yet.

Philip53

2021 2500 Sprinter 170, 4 cyl gas
I think you can certainly do that, but probably will need to use a leg type awning. The legless Fiamma requires a full length bracket that fits into the oem rail slot (must remove oem rail). Any roof rack that mounts to the oem rail or slot will not work (easily) with the legless Fiamma.

I think you can certainly do that, but probably will need to use a leg type awning. The legless Fiamma requires a full length bracket that fits into the oem rail slot (must remove oem rail). Any roof rack that mounts to the oem rail or slot will not work (easily) with the legless Fiamma.
Yeah, that's why I'm not considering the Fiamma Eagle. The Dometic and GIrard versions are rack mountable and don't block the factory tracks.

Ever figure this out?
Kind of. The Low Pro awning is set back too far and too curved to really mount a wall mount awning on it. You can do the roof mount Eagle awning and modify the rack to work on the other side, but that's a huge pain. The way I ended up going is switching to the newer Flatline Standard Rack. That's been a much easier solution to mount an awning to. You can basically do any wall mount awning.

Kind of. The Low Pro awning is set back too far and too curved to really mount a wall mount awning on it. You can do the roof mount Eagle awning and modify the rack to work on the other side, but that's a huge pain. The way I ended up going is switching to the newer Flatline Standard Rack. That's been a much easier solution to mount an awning to. You can basically do any wall mount awning.
can you share some pictures of how you can mount this style? I was thinking the standard would be the way to go, but the bars are recessed and the top is still curved in right?

Top Bottom