Emissions fix available for 09-16 Sprinter model year coaches.

blue

2011 LTV Unity CB
I may have missed it in this thread, but has this emissions modification been approved for Canada? As far as class action suits, all I can find is proposed class action in Canada.

WinnieView1

I may have missed it in this thread, but has this emissions modification been approved for Canada? As far as class action suits, all I can find is proposed class action in Canada.
Not that we have heard of yet;
Eligibility

(1) What are the eligible vehicles that will receive an Emission Modification?
This settlement pertains specifically to MY09 to MY16 BlueTEC II vehicles with OM642 and OM651 engines sold or leased in the US.

(2) How do Owners/Lessees find out whether their vehicle is affected by the Emission Modification?
Owners/Lessees with affected vehicles will be mailed a notification letter when the Emission Modification for their vehicle is available. Owners/Lessees can always check if their vehicle is affected by entering their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) into the following site: https://BlueTecUpdate.mbvans.com

REF: https://bluetecupdate.mbvans.com/faq

2. What is the US-CA Consent Decree?

Under the US-CA Consent Decree, owners and lessees of Subject Vehicles that are operable and either registered in the United States or its territories, or held by a dealer in the United States or its territories, can receive the AEM and an Extended Modification Warranty for the modified vehicle, free of charge to them, regardless of whether they are Class Members or submit a claim for a Class Member Payment.

A complete copy of the US-CA Consent Decree and additional information is available here and at bluetecupdate.mbusa.com, bluetecupdate.mbvans.com, and bluetecupdate.freightlinersprinterusa.com.

REF: https://www.mbbluetecsettlement.com/faq

Bone Head

2014 LTV Unity MB
Bob, out of curiosoty, was your 19.9 mpg from the gauge on your instrument cluster; or did you do the math after your return fill up?
Bob Sears

The calculation was done the old fashioned way. In the 2013 model there was no computer generated MPG available. This is aberrant fuel economy caused by the relatively slow speeds and lack of significant winds. I have obtained as high as 20.2 MPG years ago in similar conditions but that is not the normal.

Bob

Sawdoff

19.9 !!! I am really impressed. I have a 2014 UTB and rarely see a number that high. Typically I see 17's and sometimes 18's. And I normally keep the speed around 55-65 mph. And I don't spin the turbo up too much while accelerating.
Is it possible that this "fix" could actually improve our mileage?
Nah! Not from Benz......

The dealer refused to do my modification because I have small leak on flex pipe.
I read all the papers and don't think they have the right to do so, so I am going to other dealer and I am going to play hardball with them.
Curious how this played out. Did you have to pay to have the hose replaced? Could you do the fix yourself? How much did your have to pay?

I dropped mine off at the dealership today and and expecting a similar refusal.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Curious how this played out. Did you have to pay to have the hose replaced? Could you do the fix yourself? How much did your have to pay?

I dropped mine off at the dealership today and and expecting a similar refusal.
I went to other dealer and they performed AEM with no future problems.
Then I bought aftermarket flex pipe and had it replaced.

Bone Head

2014 LTV Unity MB
It's ALL about the dealer! AND about your relationship with the dealership.
I had my Sprinter in for some work and my service manager called me in and told me that my flex pipe was getting very worn. He alluded to the fact that if it got a tough tug, it would probably fail and since I was close to out of warranty, it might be a good idea to "look things over carefully".
A little while later I had an in warranty replacement flex pipe.
Never under estimate the value of a good working relationship and the occasional box of doughnuts.

Jash

2011 LTV Unity MB
I just ran my vin# and it said the number was not recognized! Our LTV is from Canada! Does anyone have a site like this for our RV? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

blue

2011 LTV Unity CB
I just ran my vin# and it said the number was not recognized! Our LTV is from Canada! Does anyone have a site like this for our RV? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
I thought you were in the discussion a number of months ago about the Canadian recall.

Jash

2011 LTV Unity MB
Yes we did. I did fill out the form a while back and sent it in and have not heard anything at the time. I did fill out another form last Thursday and sent it in. I received a call from a very nice lady from Mercedes Benz explaining that she has tried to email only to have the emails not delivered. So she called and did explain to contact my MB dealer and explain to them that this can be done in the US but there would be no monetary payout but just the repair it self which is fine by me. I also told her about the passenger air bag recall and she said it was also the driver side and they could do that also.
I will call the dealer and due to winter/snow I will see if I cand have this done in April prior to our trip.
Thanks for all your help Blue! I'll let you know how I make out.

Jash

2011 LTV Unity MB
Update, Well I have heard from Mercedes warranty in Canada as mention above so I contacted my dealer, Keeler Mercedes on 12-29-22 and told them about the phone call from Mercedes warranty of Canada and they said it will take a while to find out. Called the dealer on 1-27-23 and they told me they were having trouble getting approval, I gave them the name and number of who called me from the warranty dept. Called again on 2-9-23 and was told flat out that it cannot be done in the US, would have to take it to Canada to have the work done and received an email from the dealer stating so. I forwarded this email to the Canadian Mercedes warranty department.
Received a call 2-10-23 and the Canadian warranty dept said this could be done in the US and they would get to the bottom of this with the dealer and the US Mercedes warranty dept!
Were keeping our fingers crossed, will keep you updated!

Jash

2011 LTV Unity MB
Well it looks like a trip to Canada will be in our plans in the future! I heard from US Mercedes and they told me that this cannot be done in the US and would have to be taken back to Canada! End of story I guess.

Top Bottom