The Elusive 118" T1N Sprinter Westfalia

Camp

Sprinter Westfalia
While this may not be a true James Cook, isn't this still technically a Sprinter Westfalia??? From the ad, "An entire westfalia camper is installed"...

2005 Sprinter Van with westfalia interior - rvs - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

I've always thought about what a real 118" Westy would look like... although interesting, the van above isn't what I envisioned. I think a 118" Westy with a layout similar to stock would be a great van. Remove the bathroom and some rear seat room, and it probably would work. Though an ultra high roof 118" T1N might suffer from some payload and stability issues.

Camp

Sprinter Westfalia
The "entire westphalia interior" could've been taken from an old VW camper.

--dick
I agree. My guess is it's most likely from an early 1980s Vanagon Westfalia. The cabinets they installed have a woodgrain to them, which Westfalia moved away from with solid gray or beige cabinet options in later Vanagons.

TheSamba.com :: Vanagon - View topic - Question about Beige/Tan cabinet laminate

If someone bought this T1N, they could potentially remove the Westfalia interior and sell it to someone who needs a replacement or is adding a kitchen to a non-camper "tin top Vanagon". Unfortunately there is a bit of false advertising about an entire Westfalia camper being installed, as the Sprinter is missing the Westfalia closet and rear upper cabinet. A true complete woodgrain interior would probably fetch a good chunk of change due to how few years it was produced, but there is still a lot of value in the Westfalia items present in this van. Even the cabinet handles alone are worth a good chunk of change...

Cabinet Handle | GoWesty

Top Bottom