Exhaust pipe - dress up

ssalaria

2020 Serenity
All,

I have to share this mod I did to my Serenity. I was skeptic initially but every time I stepped in the coach I would look at that exhaust pipe that sticks out like a sore thumb and does not look cool...
I thought about cutting it half way so the exhaust is invisible, but then got worried the fumes could somehow get in the coach while the engine was running when parked.

This $55 mod is well worth it and I am so excited that I had to share it with you all. Below is the Amazon link.... I think it looks so much better in my opinion and took 10 minutes to install. IMG_3009.jpgIMG_3009.jpgIMG_3011.jpgIMG_3012.jpgIMG_3013.jpg. Bling!!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002Z9N1K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

WinnieView1

We did the same with ours but decided to cut about 4"'s from the pipe so that the chrome tip does not protrude beyond the body. Same thing for the generator exhaust out the back.

ssalaria

2020 Serenity
I was thinking about the generator exhaust since it does stick out a bit too much. I am trying to find a chrome pipe that would fit over it. That’s next!
I was ok with the main exhaust and didn’t want to take a chance of letting the fumes mess with the paint job (if I shortened it) even though it’s clean exhaust. I have seen my old Mercedes diesel suv get that black sut even if it was using def.
regardless it looks nice!

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
I was thinking about the generator exhaust since it does stick out a bit too much. I am trying to find a chrome pipe that would fit over it. That’s next!
I was ok with the main exhaust and didn’t want to take a chance of letting the fumes mess with the paint job (if I shortened it) even though it’s clean exhaust. I have seen my old Mercedes diesel suv get that black sut even if it was using def.
regardless it looks nice!
You may find that your new exhaust tip is sticking out to far. I did mine like yours initially until it hit a curb that I got close to. So redid it with 3" cut off the original tail pipe so the added tip doesn't stick out so far. Here is a link to the Generator exhaust chrome turn down pipe, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Performance-500415-Polished-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Tip/233861573735?epid=192026194&_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item36733c6c67:g:vLQAAOSw~KpgAsD4&amdata=enc: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|cksum:233861573735aed81a7ae8714450a4f712e06762c383|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524&redirect=mobile.

ssalaria

2020 Serenity
Thank you....

What should be the alignment/positioning for the angled tip. Down or rear facing? I will most def need to cut the generator pipe. But I do get your point about the main exhaust. Imagining it 3" short makes sense. A good ole Dremel tool should take care of that but still not the easiest task. Curious to what did you use to cut that pipe Sandy?

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
I used a Dewalt 18v grinder/cutting disc. A Dremel might be a little slower but should work as well. I put my generator tip facing down. I didn't cut my generator pipe.
2016-12-09_07.26.47.jpg

ssalaria

2020 Serenity
That looks nice. My generator pipe comes out of the side by the utility side.

BTW, now I am curious to what other mods have you performed that are CHEAP :) I had thought about the front bumper bottom like Airstream Atlas does it. That bottom piece is around $600 - $700 + paint + install. I figured not worth the cost... I got to invest in solar and batteries first :)

Any thoughts on how to keep the black plastic areas looking fresh? I am thinking good ole Armol wipes or spray. I hate the way the door hinges have already started to look little faded.

Skeena

Coast to Coast to Coast
If ever there was a tailpipe deserving of an upgrade to chrome - here it is! It was mostly due to the Dempster highway but Labrador had a say in it as well! The rocks that get kicked up from the front wheel hammer the exhaust pipe as you drive and this is the result. 20210401_103614.jpg

ssalaria

2020 Serenity
Oh boy! That one needs a face lift dor sure. I would cut it back about 3-4 inches and dress it up! It’s a cheap upgrade.

Toddw

2021 Unity TB. See my YouTube channel "LTVnIT"
We did the same with ours but decided to cut about 4"'s from the pipe so that the chrome tip does not protrude beyond the body. Same thing for the generator exhaust out the back.
Not so sure I would cut pipes back as they are longer for a very good reason. So exhaust has a place to rise when at idle. If you shorten them the exhaust will now accumulate under the RV and find its way inside easier? I would pull your new chrome extensions so they are out at least 1” or more if you can. You maybe ok the way they are but I would not chance it. Just my 2 cents. No science to back my claim. Just experience a lot of machinery.

WinnieView1

Not so sure I would cut pipes back as they are longer for a very good reason. So exhaust has a place to rise when at idle. If you shorten them the exhaust will now accumulate under the RV and find its way inside easier? I would pull your new chrome extensions so they are out at least 1” or more if you can. You maybe ok the way they are but I would not chance it. Just my 2 cents. No science to back my claim. Just experience a lot of machinery.
Ours still extend safely beyond the RV body just as most all factory-finished exhaust systems are installed.

Top Bottom