Key Programming

I dont have to have the vehicle to program the key. You can send me a door lock and ezs (ignition) and I can make you a key program it and send it back.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
"EZS" ???

I've seen the T1N's SKREEM called a WSP, the ECM called a CR3, and the theft alarm called a VTA and EDW

.. but EZS is new to me (maybe it's the NCV3's ECM? or SKREEM equivalent?)
((it's quite possible that the RFID is part of the NCV3's ignition switch module ... whereas on a T1N it's in the SKREEM))

--dick

TechSOS

I am a automotive locksmith. Provide service in Denver and galveston texas. I can clone the flip key transponder or make new keys in a all key lost situation form year 2002 to 2018. But I cannot figure out how to program the remote rke feature.
You cannot program the remotes. They come pre-registered from the factory for a specific VIN.

You can only provide aftermarket non-remotes (like SOS, and NEBEP do) unless you order the remote from Mercedes using the owners ID and proof of ownership and your Locksmith SDRM license.

D

Deleted member 50714

"EZS" ???

I've seen the T1N's SKREEM called a WSP, the ECM called a CR3, and the theft alarm called a VTA and EDW

.. but EZS is new to me (maybe it's the NCV3's ECM? or SKREEM equivalent?)
((it's quite possible that the RFID is part of the NCV3's ignition switch module ... whereas on a T1N it's in the SKREEM))

--dick
Herr Dick, It's an acronym derived from the Deutsch words Elektronisches Zündschloss "EZS" Electronic Ignition Lock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luc

Hello all!

I have been searching for a few hours now, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Can't remember where I saw this but basically, the info was provided as to a sequence of "old key in" and "new key in" with turning on and such, and this would allow to program a virgin std key off of ebay for example (that has the RFID chip), and basically duplicate the coding that was in the old key.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? Or even sound possible?

Thanks!

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I have been searching for a few hours now, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Can't remember where I saw this but basically, the info was provided as to a sequence of "old key in" and "new key in" with turning on and such, and this would allow to program a virgin std key off of ebay for example (that has the RFID chip), and basically duplicate the coding that was in the old key.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? Or even sound possible?
Sez the member with a 2006 ... so the answer is "No". (i.e. ain't possible).

In the 2006 (a T1N), the RFID programming is a dealer (or SOS Diagnostics) thing.

There *is* an ignition-switch dance for *disabling* (lost/stolen) remote key entry (RKE) fob recognition.
(see: http://www.diysprinter.co.uk/reference/T1N_service_scans/094SkreemRKE5.jpg )
... but it can't introduce new ones. And it doesn't cancel the lost keys' RFID authorization.
-----------

On the other hand, i think there is a dance for the newer NCV3 that affects RFID, but not RKE), but i don't know it off-hand.

--dick

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Thank you so much for your clear answer.
RE-reading your question, though ...

Yes: you can buy a *virgin* (not-yet-programmed) key from eBay (or whereever) have it cut (copied) to match your existing key and have its RFID chip "cloned" (burned) to also match your existing key. (again, by the properly-equipped locksmith (and even some hardware stores))

*That* will work to provide a spare "can start and run your Sprinter" key.

--dick

TDfanman

Does the RFID prevent turning the key, or prevent starting?

Had a spare non rfid key made today. Works in all the doors but can't turn the ignition lock.

Other makes I have worked on the car might not start, or would start and die. Never seen an imobilizer prevent turning the key. I'm thinking the cut is bad.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Does the RFID prevent turning the key, or prevent starting?

Had a spare non rfid key made today. Works in all the doors but can't turn the ignition lock.

Other makes I have worked on the car might not start, or would start and die. Never seen an imobilizer prevent turning the key. I'm thinking the cut is bad.
The lack of an RFID chip will only prevent the engine from starting and should bring up a 'Start Error' message in the display. It will not prevent the key from turning so you have a bad cut.

There have been several posts about the shape of the key blank where the key is either too long or the shoulder is in the wrong position so compare old and new keys very carefully including the register at the shoulder.

Keith.

What Cheyenne said.
+

The ignition switch has more latches aka wafers than the door cylinders so the door cylinders can more tolerant of some improper key cut issues.

The RFID chip on the T1N is strictly for the electronics. It has nothing to do with the key cylinder operation. The key cylinder is all mechanical. There is an interlock cable from the shifter, but it is unlikely that it's involved in your problem.

:cheers: vic

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
What Cheyenne said.
+

The ignition switch has more latches aka wafers than the door cylinders so the door cylinders can more tolerant of some improper key cut issues.

The RFID chip on the T1N is strictly for the electronics. It has nothing to do with the key cylinder operation. The key cylinder is all mechanical. There is an interlock cable from the shifter, but it is unlikely that it's involved in your problem.

And that would affect ALL the keys and not just the newly cut one!

Keith.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Echoing Vic and Kieth, here's what i learned from cutting my "mechanical" key:

Due to the "shoulder registration" issue, i have to hold it about 1 millimeter out from fully-seated for it to turn in the ignition.

--dick

TechSOS

This was mentioned before and it is correct. The reason the plain metal key will not turn in the ignition lock when it is duplicated from the working chipped key, is because it is shorter and the bow of the key hits the plastic ring on the face of the lock before fully entering the lock. If you alter the bow as pictured, it will enter and turn the lock, though I am unsure why most would want to do this since the immobilizer system will prevent starting. There are fewer tumblers (wafers) in the door, however, since the key was duplicated from another working key with all 10 positions on it, this is not generally the cause.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Let's make that visible for normal mortals:

KeyShapes.jpg

Among the many reasons to make it able to turn the ignition is to power the :yell: power windows.

--dick

TDfanman

I sent my broke-in-half key to SOS Diagnostics and they were able to make 2 duplicates and clone the chips for $90 shipped. Both work fine. Local locksmith wanted more than that for one key.

Among the many reasons to make it able to turn the ignition is to power the :yell: power windows.

--dick
I know that I've mentioned this before, but I'm old so get used to my repeating stories... verified by my immediate family.

My then young granddaughter once commented that the 2004 Sprinter crank windows were great. "I can roll the window down anytime I want." was her comment. She was born October 4, 2002 so car crank windows didn't exist for her. (I can always remember her birthday after her mother quipped "10/4 and out" after she was born.)

Back to topic.

Top Bottom