Brake Light Issue

acpoponi

Hi VC Owners:

2006 Freightliner 3500. I did that thing where you back up your trailer and jackknife your trailer into your own vehicle and bust out the taillight on your Sprinter :rolleyes:

Replaced the passenger taillight and now I don't have brake lights on either side but everything else works. I checked the main fuse panel under the steering column and also the panel back near the fridge which looks to control mostly the interior electronics. Any idea what to try next?

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Disconnect the light unit that you replaced and see if the other side AND the high level brake light lights work. There are also fuses on the side of the drivers seat base with a list on the back of the plastic cover.

Keith.

acpoponi

Hi Keith: thanks for this help. I don't have a high-level brake light if that refers to a third light placed vertically higher on the vehicle. None of the fuses under the driver's seat appeared blown and none specifically were linked to the brake lights - only accessory lights. The brake light fuse is under the steering wheel as has been replaced without effect. Any other suggestions?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Here's my seat-side panel ... note the two horizontal fuses which are part of the anti-lock braking system....

I agree that the brake lights should be fed from the steering wheel panel, but it never hurts to test those two.
The crunching may have also caused excessive current through the brake switch, messing up its contacts.

--dick

acpoponi

Hi Dick: I don't see any image.

Here's my seat-side panel ... note the two horizontal fuses which are part of the anti-lock braking system....

I agree that the brake lights should be fed from the steering wheel panel, but it never hurts to test those two.
The crunching may have also caused excessive current through the brake switch, messing up its contacts.

--dick

Top Bottom