Custom phone mount

Pharkas

2020 Passenger 4x4 144
I started with a ProClip base. I cut a piece of 1" x 1" " 1/8" aluminum angle to 2" long. I drilled two holes 1/8 diameter through the aluminum angle and the ProClip base. I then painted the aluminum angle with Plasti dip spray paint. Now using m3 bolts, washers and nylon lock nuts I attached the aluminum angle to the ProClip base. This mount will now allow any vent mounted phone holder in a IMHO perfect distance and location to the driver. I purchased two different vent phone mounts from Amazon and both work well with our OtterBox defender cases and unicorn beetle cases. I did not like the phone holders from ProClip since we have 4 drivers with different phones each with big protective cases. These adjustable vents mounts work great.

Dendisch

2019 VS30 144 HR 4x4
Great setup. I also have the proclip. I really like the base mount but their phone holder is not practical when there is more than one size or case style as you have pointed out. I will toss it soon and do something like you did. Thanks

Pharkas

2020 Passenger 4x4 144
also went with proclip... my wife never mounts her phone so it fits mine perfectly :)
I started out with a cup mount with a long adjustable shaft that I placed in the cupholder that is on top of the dash on the drivers side. I then bent the shaft down so the phone holder is just above the dash to the rear right of the steering wheel. I thought it was pretty spiffy, but my wife and older son hated it. They both complained that we have this nice big windshield and I go and place something that blocks part of their view. I would adjust it just right and then they would drive. I go in the van and find the mount in the glove box, or in a back seat! They both wanted a lower mount that is still in easy view while driving. I started designing a 3-d printed mount to snugly fit in the wallet cubby and then a forum member directed me to the Proclip base. Rock solid, tool-less mount. Love it, and so does the rest of the family. Happy wife, happy life.

Top Bottom