St. Clair Shores, St. Clair Shores, MI (Dealership)

Rating

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Average

• Fair

• Total voters

PLUMMER

Didn't want to do any warranty work. oil change was $267.00 not the $160.00 I was quoted. Pulled turbo boost controller code and said they would order part, be back in 3 days for repair. Kris said they ordered the part and I would bring it back in 3 days. When i spoke with him again, he wanted to know which of the 6 other services I wanted done, none of which were the turbo. (rear diff flush $125,fuel filter $176,brake flush $148,tranny flush $316 and so on). Oh the turbo is not warranty. Well the service manager said it was, few minutes later he says they can take care of it. We'll call you when it comes in. 4 1/2 months later still no call. But they wanna know when I'll be back to do the other services.

boardster

Did'nt know they had signed on!
Less than two miles from my office, I would sure like to see them honest and reliable.
Are they the only Michigan MB dealer that opted to go Sprinter?
I assume you tried the Sterling Heights Dodge dealer in the past.
Purchased mine at Galeana's Dodge, had my PFilter cleaned out at Sterling Heights.

PLUMMER

Yep used SHD for a couple years with stacks of problems and failed repairs. Unfortunately they also did my auto body repair 14 months ago. Ruined 2 of my newer Michielin tires from their " thats as best as your gonna get it" alignment. Left my fog light hanging, didn't snap in the side body black trim, so it flapped in the wind as I drove down the road. The area they painted rusted within 10 months and is now bubbled in 2 spots. Refused to write up work orders as I stated them. Refused to even look at the MB service alerts I brought in. Will NOT let you speak with a tech, unless you get lucky and corner them. Failed diagnosis, refusal or will do anything they can to not do warranty work( can't blame them if what I hear is true about MB not reimbursing fair value). Never was able to repair the LHM problem which it went in for 9 times. Changed from the mobil 1 ESP to a cheaper quaker state oil. Parts left off during service, handed me an air filter that they said needed replacing that wasn't mine, till I pointed it out and the tech and I both seen my filter still in the airbox.....oops Kinda hard to mistake a black rimmed filter for the orange rim MB filter I had in there. Even tho the code came up to replace the turbo they wouldn't repair it until I could repeat the code, by then I was at this fine up sale MB dealer that promised me all kinds of great service and a repaired turbo for the code that popped up again. They are only concerned with up sales. I don't blame them with the location and clientele they have coming in there. They do have 1 good tech, the german guy. But boy was I surprised to walk out of there with almost 7,000 in suggested repairs. But hey I was promised they could do warranty work, or honor work as they called it. Atleast its all OEM MB equipment. The Novi MB dealer is much better for Sprinter work. 2 good techs and decent pricing from what I have picked up there. Inventory seemed ok from the few things I asked for. It does stink cuz I work around this one 3-4 days a week and our main office is right on Greater Mack. The best place by far is the HOEKSTRA / Frieghtliner Dealer in Troy in all departments. Unfortunately they can no longer do warranty work. If you ask for a part, Rob or Daryl will recite the part number, and I have yet to find a power train or normal service part not in stock.

Top Bottom