2012/2013 Macerator hose replacement question

Elayne

2012-13 Roadtrek
Hi, new member here!

Has anyone replaced the original green and black hose? After reading some posts online from people who did not like the original hose, I am ordering the Thetford Sani-con 21' hose and hoping it fits. :unsure:
Thanks for any comments/help.

bubba37

I have a 2012 RS and the green and black hose kept jamming on return. My only option was to cut it off, so now I only have about 6 feet of extension. I purchased 2 of the hoses you mention that I can attach to the original hose which I pull out a few inches.. I now have up to 45 ft of reach for the sewer line. I store the hoses (connected end to end) in the rear well. Works great!

hoosierrun

The Thetford hose is very flexible, but also a bit fragile due to thinner material (that keeps it flexible). Just be careful and not drag it across any rough rock or concrete... and at the end of the cycle for dumping, these tend to move around a lot and if on a rough surface it may wear a hole in the thin tubing. I can't comment on if it will fit or not, but you can get the Thetford end piece that goes into the dump station hole. Some of us have purchased a nylon weave sleeve for the hose. PITA to install, but it definitely protects it.

Attachments

Hi, new member here!

Has anyone replaced the original green and black hose? After reading some posts online from people who did not like the original hose, I am ordering the Thetford Sani-con 21' hose and hoping it fits. :unsure:
Thanks for any comments/help.
The Thetford hose would not fit my 2013 Adventurous RS because it has a slight flare on the end fittings and that prevented it from going thru the rigid tube from the side of the van to the storage bin beneath the diesel tank. I ordered a Clean Dump CD-10 and that fits through the rigid pipe but I had to remove the screw fitting on one end and then reattach it to a short length of the old hose inside the storage bin.

Top Bottom