2021 Builds arrived?

2021_3500_LowRoof

I have a van that was produced 1st decade of June. I was told 2 weeks ago that it was released to carrier, they also thought it would drop the same week they told me. It's now been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything more. Im not sure what "released to carrier" means in terms of when it will actually arrive. Sometimes I feel like the people on this forum know more than the dealerships do in terms of what's going on with delays/shortages.
Most likely it was assigned to a specific shipper but the shipper hasn’t picked up the van at the big lot yet.

edclarke

Ed Clarke 2021 170 4x4
My 170WB Ext, 6cyl Diesel April build, shipped an unknown number of days before it arrived Salt Lake City 17-August. My dealer had inquired about me picking it up in Charleston, which he says is now an option, when it inexplicably arrived at the dealer.

2021_3500_LowRoof

My 170WB Ext, 6cyl Diesel April build, shipped an unknown number of days before it arrived Salt Lake City 17-August. My dealer had inquired about me picking it up in Charleston, which he says is now an option, when it inexplicably arrived at the dealer.
Really? First I heard this.

acidic

I put a deposit down on a van already built or was to be built and was available to dealer with options I wanted. Van already had a vin, and cut sheet. put deposit down July 20th. I keep being told for last 3 wks its just waiting on carrier to pick up to ship.... I asked sales man for build date and he just told me it was a while back....

Van is for work, and really needing it asap... Will hit up the dealer for hard build date to try to get a idea of where it may be in line at the lot to ship. I would totally just fly to Charleston to pick it up and drive to west coast myself, if that was a option. But told it's not.

2021_3500_LowRoof

I put a deposit down on a van already built or was to be built and was available to dealer with options I wanted. Van already had a vin, and cut sheet. put deposit down July 20th. I keep being told for last 3 wks its just waiting on carrier to pick up to ship.... I asked sales man for build date and he just told me it was a while back....

Van is for work, and really needing it asap... Will hit up the dealer for hard build date to try to get a idea of where it may be in line at the lot to ship. I would totally just fly to Charleston to pick it up and drive to west coast myself, if that was a option. But told it's not.
He needs to give you a screen shot of the status of the van. He should know everything about it, however there is no “place in line” based on build date. I’ve heard of vans being built and at a dealer within a week to some older builds being delivered as well. I don’t think anyone has found a pattern yet. I would imagine you signed paperwork that included the VIN on it, correct?

230121a

Out here reviving old threads…
Anybody else heard of going to Charleston? Seems like the truck/transport shortage is a big hold-up…

LSD208

Anybody else heard of going to Charleston? Seems like the truck/transport shortage is a big hold-up…
I proposed doing a Charleston pickup and my dealer contact gave me an emphatic “no!” He’s a great guy and I inadvertently hit a nerve/sore spot with this question. I think it would have been a great trip, and I explained I wasn’t looking to cut out the dealer destination charge. My route home would have passed through areas where my ancestors from the 18th century are buried, and on through their where their children migrated West. None of this mattered.

acidic

He needs to give you a screen shot of the status of the van. He should know everything about it, however there is no “place in line” based on build date. I’ve heard of vans being built and at a dealer within a week to some older builds being delivered as well. I don’t think anyone has found a pattern yet. I would imagine you signed paperwork that included the VIN on it, correct?
I did get a screen shot from sales guy today. So build date of 3/18/21
Been waiting for carrier since 6/1

The paperwork showing my payment for a deposit didn't Include the Vin just the cc charge ...

Part of my issues. Is daughter has graduated and wanting to move out. Wife and her share the daughter's car. So once I have the van it frees up the truck I use daily for work for the wife. Or we just have to get some cheapo beater to get us through. Normally wife would use mass transit to go to work but with covid not the best idea since she works with people with health issues.

Attachments

2021_3500_LowRoof

The paperwork showing my payment for a deposit didn't Include the Vin just the cc charge ...

Part of my issues. Is daughter has graduated and wanting to move out. Wife and her share the daughter's car. So once I have the van it frees up the truck I use daily for work for the wife. Or we just have to get some cheapo beater to get us through. Normally wife would use mass transit to go to work but with covid not the best idea since she works with people with health issues.
Interesting how long it’s been at this status. Has the dealer inquired further about it?

Siemcio

6 months from production and still no delivered. Thats ridiculous, I hope that you are really close and I hope ill no wait so long. My production date is 3rd of July and status is VPC Baltimore.

LSD208

Are you in Alaska or somewhere remote?

I’d go cheapo beater in the meanwhile.

Top Bottom