Houston TX area
Contact Info
jtwier@earthlink.net
Price
Firm/OBO/Auction
or Best Offer
Model Year
Mileage
Selling my 2017 sprinter 2500 4x4 conversion van with 66,400 miles. I purchased the van in 2018 and built it out myself (except for the electrical work – done by a professional electrician). Factory sticker was $64,000 with over $20,000 of extras. The van is totally self-sufficient for boondocking with its own energy supply (2 AGM batteries with 310 amp hours - powered by the Sprinter alternator and solar). The refrigerator and heater run off the DC. The heater gets its fuel directly from the Sprinter diesel tank - which means you don't need to carry extra LP or gas. The van has a 900 watt inverter/charger with 3 AC 110v outlets and 4 USB chargers - has a clear title, works perfectly and it is ready to drive.

I have all the service & maintenance done at my local Mercedes dealer (schedule A, schedule B and schedule A). Mercedes will have all service & maintenance records in their system.

I am retired and run a landscape photography resource website (www.photographerstrailnotes.com) and live in the van when traveling around the country. The van is perfect for 1 person but can also accommodate 2 people. I built the van from a bare shell and included great insulation throughout (Thinsulate thermal insulation on walls and roof, Fatmat sound deadener and sprayed with lizard skin ceramic insulation on floor, walls and roof). Reason for selling the van - I have purchased and built out a Sprinter 170.

Selling price - $62,500 OBO.

Tons of images of the van can be found at www.photographerstrailnotes.com/sprinter

Galley

Isotherm Cruise 130 Elegance (4.6 cubic ft) refrigerator with smart energy controller (daily use of about 20 amps), Dometic sink, Commercial Chef 700-watt microwave and 3 sliding drawers.

Bedroom
The bed sleeps east/west on a very comfortable Lucid 5” mattress which measures 53” x 68”. The bedroom includes a Maxxair ceiling fan, a second blowing fan, light switch, USB charger and a DVD TV.

Energy
Includes 2 brand new Vmax 155 AH AGM batteries – which are powered by 1) a Blue Sea relay directly from the sprinter alternator, 2) Zamp 100 watt solar 3) and/or 30-amp shore power. Inside the van are (3) – 110 v AC outlets running off a Magnum 900-watt inverter/charge and has 4 USB high amp chargers.

Desk/Table
The van includes swivel front seats and a Lagun swivel desk/table stand. I use the Lagun desk with the driver side swivel seat as my working desk.

Heater
Heat comes from an Espar D2 12v diesel heater. Set the thermostat to 70 degrees and sleep in your underwear.

Water
20-gallon water with dual filter system using a gravity water fill.

Windows/Vent
Includes AMA screened half slider windows on both mid-cabin windows and a Maxxair 7500 reversable with remote ceiling fan. Also, the van comes with FACTORY air conditioning.

Storage
The van has PLENTY of storage with a clothes closet, secret lockable cabinet under the bed, a lockable cabinet on the passenger side and a sizable garage. Additionally, it comes with a LOCKABLE Stowaway2 Max Cargo box with 16-cubic ft of storage and holds up to 200lbs.

Bathroom
The van does not include a bathroom but does come with a Thetford 5-gallon porta potti (which stores under the passenger side cabinet).

Van includes
Heated seats, navigation, backup camera, driving assistance package, factory air conditioning, hitch with 7 pin wiring, BF Goodrich All-terrain A/T tires, Fuel black rims

Last edited:
Selling my 2017 sprinter 2500 4x4 conversion van with 66,400 miles. I purchased the van in 2018 and built it out myself (except for the electrical work – done by a professional electrician). Factory sticker was $64,000 with over $20,000 of extras. The van is totally self-sufficient for boondocking with its own energy supply (2 AGM batteries with 310 amp hours - powered by the Sprinter alternator and solar). The refrigerator and heater run off the DC. The heater gets its fuel directly from the Sprinter diesel tank - which means you don't need to carry extra LP or gas. The van has a 900 watt inverter/charger with 3 AC 110v outlets and 4 USB chargers - has a clear title, works perfectly and it is ready to drive.

I have all the service & maintenance done at my local Mercedes dealer (schedule A, schedule B and schedule A). Mercedes will have all service & maintenance records in their system.

I am retired and run a landscape photography resource website (www.photographerstrailnotes.com) and live in the van when traveling around the country. The van is perfect for 1 person but can also accommodate 2 people. I built the van from a bare shell and included great insulation throughout (Thinsulate thermal insulation on walls and roof, Fatmat sound deadener and sprayed with lizard skin ceramic insulation on floor, walls and roof). Reason for selling the van - I have purchased and built out a Sprinter 170.

Selling price - $62,500 OBO.

Tons of images of the van can be found at www.photographerstrailnotes.com/sprinter

Galley

Isotherm Cruise 130 Elegance (4.6 cubic ft) refrigerator with smart energy controller (daily use of about 20 amps), Dometic sink, Commercial Chef 700-watt microwave and 3 sliding drawers.

Bedroom
The bed sleeps east/west on a very comfortable Lucid 5” mattress which measures 53” x 68”. The bedroom includes a Maxxair ceiling fan, a second blowing fan, light switch, USB charger and a DVD TV.

Energy
Includes 2 brand new Vmax 155 AH AGM batteries – which are powered by 1) a Blue Sea relay directly from the sprinter alternator, 2) Zamp 100 watt solar 3) and/or 30-amp shore power. Inside the van are (3) – 110 v AC outlets running off a Magnum 900-watt inverter/charge and has 4 USB high amp chargers.

Desk/Table
The van includes swivel front seats and a Lagun swivel desk/table stand. I use the Lagun desk with the driver side swivel seat as my working desk.

Heater
Heat comes from an Espar D2 12v diesel heater. Set the thermostat to 70 degrees and sleep in your underwear.

Water
20-gallon water with dual filter system using a gravity water fill.

Windows/Vent
Includes AMA screened half slider windows on both mid-cabin windows and a Maxxair 7500 reversable with remote ceiling fan. Also, the van comes with FACTORY air conditioning.

Storage
The van has PLENTY of storage with a clothes closet, secret lockable cabinet under the bed, a lockable cabinet on the passenger side and a sizable garage. Additionally, it comes with a LOCKABLE Stowaway2 Max Cargo box with 16-cubic ft of storage and holds up to 200lbs.

Bathroom
The van does not include a bathroom but does come with a Thetford 5-gallon porta potti (which stores under the passenger side cabinet).

Van includes
Heated seats, navigation, backup camera, driving assistance package, factory air conditioning, hitch with 7 pin wiring, BF Goodrich All-terrain A/T tires, Fuel black rims
Is this van still for sale?

timwier

The van is still for sale. Not sure if I have the PM on or not. Can't find where to turn it on or off.

Thanks,

Tim

RogueRanger

Love this van you did a great job. My wife and I are retiring from the Forest Service May 1 and if it is available then I would be interested in a cash sale. Our plan is to travel to the National Parks and I would use for for around town as a second car. Great job.

Top Bottom