Boost correlation p006c?

JLU

I own a 2008 144 with 340k miles and having this ongoing issue. Running a scan gauge ll and both map and boost sensors are functioning properly as far as i can tell. It run pretty darn good cruising around town, but soon as i get to the freeway and up to @ 70-75 is when i feel it. You all k ow what it is "LIMP MODE" and i get ticked evey time. Ive replaced EVERYTHING and thousands of $ and man hours later and still same thing. My dpf and egr are deleted. 3 turbos, 2 ecms, to the dealership, and another shop and that a waste and wont take it in unless its something computer programming, the stuff i can't do. Anyone have this issue and found out the problem. What ive read is the map and boost sensors arent communicating. Having bad luck with repair shops can anyone else help out there? If so please give me a shot out. Thanks!

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
How were your DPF and EGR deleted? If they were turned off in the tune then go back to whoever did the tune and ask them if this problem could be a fault of the tune.

Keith.

My guess is that one of the reasons you haven't received many replies is that the DPF and EGR are deleted. For that to be the case then there must be some work-a-round or "tune" to keep the ECM aka ECU happy. That adds complexity to the diagnosis in that sometimes the emissions delete workarounds cause their own problems.

Sorry i can't offer more.

vic

JLU

Had the issue prior to delete. Part of the reason i did the" tune" for as i said in the post i spent THOUSANDS dealing with this issue. I have a sprinter that cant be used on the freeway and EVERYWHERE i turn i get shut down. Guess i just have one of those JUNK sprinters. Idk limp mode forever i guess?

220817a

Independent & Self Reliant - From Chattanooga TN
I own a 2008 144 with 340k miles and having this ongoing issue. Running a scan gauge ll and both map and boost sensors are functioning properly as far as i can tell. It run pretty darn good cruising around town, but soon as i get to the freeway and up to @ 70-75 is when i feel it. You all k ow what it is "LIMP MODE" and i get ticked evey time. Ive replaced EVERYTHING and thousands of $ and man hours later and still same thing. My dpf and egr are deleted. 3 turbos, 2 ecms, to the dealership, and another shop and that a waste and wont take it in unless its something computer programming, the stuff i can't do. Anyone have this issue and found out the problem. What ive read is the map and boost sensors arent communicating. Having bad luck with repair shops can anyone else help out there? If so please give me a shot out. Thanks!
You are not in limp mode if you can reach 70-75mph with full power... Could it be the limitation of the speed governer?

JLU

It'll run like it should, maybe a little sluggish on the boost, seems to wanna boost late. Until the freeway. Limp mode will go away and run fine when i turn the ignition off for a 10 count and start it again, then it runs dine with no lhm..

JLU

Im not sure if its governed, not until past 85mph i would think.. It cant be that i figured because it does it a different speeds. My gut is telling me its sensor related along with some sort of tuning issue.

220817a

You need to scan the van with a scanner that is able to read manufacturer's codes... I compared UDS vs OBD to see what P006C equals to on the UDS side, but there is no code for P006C.

JLU

I have the codes from the dealership prior to a bunch of work thats been done. 2025-02 B28, signal vlt too low, 3156-008 B5/1 implausible value. Ive replaced a number of parts and sensors with programming and the shop i take it to cant figure it out. Im probably not explaining it correctly

JLU

Drivers side ekas sensor may be bad but that code doesn't store. Itll pend until i turn off and on

220817a

Drivers side ekas sensor may be bad but that code doesn't store. Itll pend until i turn off and on
What's the code you are getting for driver's side ekas? This would cause a problem with power and limp mode.

JLU

Scan gauge gives a p2006 that pends along with p0234 thats overboost . i probably need to tune it for the egr, im getting more boost because of the tune now ( wont detail this because some people get angry) . but i had this issue before any of this work/tune. Im saying nothing seems to work. Im replacing the sensir for the left ekas, just put a new servo motor so its working fine and totally cleaned the manifolds off the engine. Also ill put a barometer sensor behind the bumber just for the dake of tossing some more $ at it. Ha ha. Btw thanks for taking an interest. Haven't had a lot of luck in that department either.

JLU

The 2 codes dont store only pend until i turb off and back on. Thats when only p006c and i dont find a while lot of info on that code. The shops are a waste of money at thus point. Been there done that

JLU

I do have another ecu thats all stock, brand new dpf, and the sensors programmed as well. I get same results. Just have a bit more performance with the tune and until i figure this issue out ill save the new dpf for now.

220817a

Scan gauge gives a p2006 that pends along with p0234 thats overboost . i probably need to tune it for the egr, im getting more boost because of the tune now ( wont detail this because some people get angry) . but i had this issue before any of this work/tune. Im saying nothing seems to work. Im replacing the sensir for the left ekas, just put a new servo motor so its working fine and totally cleaned the manifolds off the engine. Also ill put a barometer sensor behind the bumber just for the dake of tossing some more $ at it. Ha ha. Btw thanks for taking an interest. Haven't had a lot of luck in that department either.
Sub-codes are important... Do you have too much boost or not enough?

P2006
2952 - [1] B90/2 (Left EKAS end position measurement sensor) - The valve is closed.
Readout too large
2952 - [2] B90/2 (Left EKAS end position measurement sensor) - The valve is actuated and
open. Readout too small

P0234
2940 - [1] Charge pressure control - Readout too large
2940 - [2] Charge pressure control - Readout too small
2359 - [1] Charge pressure control - Too low boost pressure
2359 - [2] Charge pressure control - Charge pressure is too high.

P006C
3156 - [8] B5/1 (Boost pressure sensor) - Implausible value

You need to delete the function of the EKAS system. All this headache can be created by the EKAS system. Kess with ADS EGR DPF Lambda Delete software will do the trick. ADS EGR Delete software has built in a "M55 Fixer" and a Special Custom DTC Solutions.

Attachments

Top Bottom