2012-2018 3500 Speed Sensor Recall

Driveveryfast

Boondocking
We had some issues with our 2016 View (3500 V6 3L Diesel) with the starter battery during our last roadtrip. The ESP/ABS and check engine light came on, I assumed due to too low voltage from the starter battery. Replaced it with a new AGM yesterday and I assumed I just had to reset the fault codes. However, when I read them out, my right rear wheel RMP sensor shows 65K km/h and is faulty. I was almost ready to press 'order' to by a Bosch replacement part on Ebay and checked this forum real quick if there was anything else I needed to do and to my surprise I see this notice. Saves me some money and some dirty hands, hopefully a regular dealer can fix those. I will call them tomorrow ahead of their notice and see what they say. @ Stevehar and @ TooMuchHair, thanks for the heads up!!

stevehar

2015 Thor Siesta 24SR
Just got my extended warranty for the wheel speed sensors today....I wonder why the front sensors aren't included in the recall. Seems like the original sensors weren't quite up to par

Driveveryfast

Boondocking
Since my rear sensor has failed I need to replace it. My local MB dealer, per yesterday, knew nothing about the recall and wants me to pay for replacement. Even when I showed the NTSB document to him, no change. I was really put off by their stubborn almost arrogant behavior. Assuming 'the mail' is a couple days behind, I am going back in tomorrow and will ask the same. We are planning to leave next week so I need to get this fixed. I will ask about the front sensors at the same time, I assume they are exactly the same.

stevehar

2015 Thor Siesta 24SR
I just went to the MB Recall Site and it says the recall is pending, but if you show the dealer the MB recall you might be able to get it fixed for free.
But it should still be covered under the extended warranty...

Attachments

WinnieView1

2014 Winnebago View 24G
I just went to the MB Recall Site and it says the recall is pending, but if you show the dealer the MB recall you might be able to get it fixed for free.
But it should still be covered under the extended warranty...
Dealer called today and said based on VIN recall is still Pending and until it goes Active in their system they cannot replace the sensors.

TooMuchHair

Staying consistent with my policy of avoiding dealer shops if at all possible, I decided to order both rear wheel speed sensors from my Freighliner parts department that treats me well. I used the part #s mentioned in the pdf I posted last week. I plan to just carry them with me and replace them myself if and when a problem happens. At that point I will seek reimbursement from MB based on the recall.

Driveveryfast

Boondocking
My warning lights are on and the cruisecontol does not work, I have to fix it. So with the new extended 10y rear sensor warranty I am going in next week and get it fixed for free and when the recall is activated, will go in again and have both of them repaclaced. My dealer literally stated ‘there is nothing we can do until it is activated’, he forgot or did not know about the extended warranty yet. And he creates more work/cost for himself. So much for optimizing your own cost while increasing customer service. That is all I am ever going to do there.

Top Bottom