Southern Connecticut, Branford, CT (Freightliner)

Rating

• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Average

• Poor

• Total voters

sprintertom

'10 2500 HiTop 144 Cargo
Re: New England Truck, Branford, CT (Freightliner)

I really don't want to leave any negative feedback about this dealer... but from my experiance there I won't go back unless forced to do so... i.e. stuck on side of road.
My story is this: I work the east coast and being these Freightliner dealers are hundreds of miles apart I stopped into this dealer for my 1st oil change during a trip up this way. Made an appointment for a few days later... on my way back through the area, the Service guy hands me a form to go out and write down the vin & mileage :idunno: ok I do that & bring the form back and he puts all the info into the computer & says ok thx. I waited at the counter, no one said... hey there's a lounge, coffee, snacks upstairs etc. So I stand there at 5pm over an hour waiting for my 4pm appointment... and nothing is happening except the normal yoking & joking amonst the employees... I said hey... I got the white sprinter... can I have my keys back... they said why & I explianed that I was waiting over an hour for a OIL CHANGE & you told me it's gonna take 3+ hours to complete and frankly I don't have the time to STAND here at the counter another 3 hours... they handed me my keys and gave the impression they could care less about my business... and at this point I could care less about their business.

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!

I really don't want to leave any negative feedback about this dealer... but from my experiance there I won't go back unless forced to do so... i.e. stuck on side of road.
My story is this: I work the east coast and being these Freightliner dealers are hundreds of miles apart I stopped into this dealer for my 1st oil change during a trip up this way. Made an appointment for a few days later... on my way back through the area, the Service guy hands me a form to go out and write down the vin & mileage :idunno: ok I do that & bring the form back and he puts all the info into the computer & says ok thx. I waited at the counter, no one said... hey there's a lounge, coffee, snacks upstairs etc. So I stand there at 5pm over an hour waiting for my 4pm appointment... and nothing is happening except the normal yoking & joking amonst the employees... I said hey... I got the white sprinter... can I have my keys back... they said why & I explianed that I was waiting over an hour for a OIL CHANGE & you told me it's gonna take 3+ hours to complete and frankly I don't have the time to STAND here at the counter another 3 hours... they handed me my keys and gave the impression they could care less about my business... and at this point I could care less about their business.
I used to own a real Freightliner FL50, and yes the FL dealers are no picnic once you get into commercial trucks, like the pampered waiting room at a MB or Dodge dealer with coffee, comfy couch, magazines, tv, snack bar, courtesy shuttle, etc. Since your van is badged with a Big Truck name you had better get used to this kind of service, or learn to drop it off and leave it.

And your keys were handed back to you by an employee that could care less, sorry but it takes bodies not personality to keep business going these days.

sprintertom

'10 2500 HiTop 144 Cargo

I used to own a real Freightliner FL50, and yes the FL dealers are no picnic once you get into commercial trucks, like the pampered waiting room at a MB or Dodge dealer with coffee, comfy couch, magazines, tv, snack bar, courtesy shuttle, etc. Since your van is badged with a Big Truck name you had better get used to this kind of service, or learn to drop it off and leave it.

And your keys were handed back to you by an employee that could care less, sorry but it takes bodies not personality to keep business going these days.
I could care less about being 'pampered'. This IS a work truck and been running the east coast doing hi-end refrigeration work since the early '80's... what I DO care about is when told... yeah bring it in around 4pm and we'll be able to get you all squared away... then I call around 3:30 to comfirm and get a 'no problem' and I get there and there are 'bodies' roaming around yoking & joking while I'M STANDING THERE... LEANING UP AT THE SERVICE COUNTER for over an hour, with not even a..."look it's gonna take a little longer to get your van in" etc. SCREW THAT when I'm 2 states away from home wanting to get home before midnight.
I don't know what you do w/ your sprinter but when I tell my customer's I'll be there around 9am or between 8-9am and I get jammed up... I'll call them and tell them so... in the SERVICE industry it's call common courtesy or better yet COMMON SENSE if you want to keep them as a customer... I have customer's who will wait for days/week for my services... why? because they know the quality of service I provide.
All I'll say is Branford Freightliner left a sour taste in my mouth... due to the way I was treated at the front end... the service end might be the best in the world... and it's sad that the front end of a business will keep me from ever finding that out... by my choice anyway.

And as far as dropping it off... I'm a one man shop... I don't have the benifit of having the van dropped off and left for repair as I did w/ my Ford & Chevy Turbo Diesel vans who gave me a loaner truck/car or waited when they changed my oil... which I would call... make in appointment... drive to the dealer and got my oil changed... poof... done not standing around wondering when they where gonna take my van in.

PAMPERED... WTF... all I wanted was a freaking OIL CHANGE... WTF is so hard or takes so long to change the oil out of a vehicle... I can replace the 7 gallons of synthetic oil outta a 40hp screw compressor oil seperator & replace all 4 oil filters in less time than to get oil outta a sprinter & replace 1 oil filter? yeah... WTF is wrong with that picture.

Pls take no offense as I respect your knowledge of the sprinter... but you sound like my main office... we'll send out 'warm bodies' to help you... Do me no favors... warm bodies are worthless if they can't communicate with the customer or fix their problems... I'd bet you've heard this phrase too... 'let's slam dunk it'... another phrase that just makes me shake my head :crazy:

I have since found a Freightliner dealer in Jersey who runs their shop the way I expect... have the service coordinator cell phone number... I call him and he tells me when I can get in for an oil change and knows I wait for it, so when I show up his tech will stop working on his, 'dropped off vehicle' to work on mine... funny how just 2 states away a dealer realizes time is money & doesn't want to waste their customer's time and wants to build a trusting relationship.

Campbell Freightliner in Edison, NJ is an hour away, but will do all my service in the future :thumbup:

Sorry for the RANT... but that Branford, CT dealer left a really bad taste w/ me

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!

Just saying I have spent hours waiting for my old truck in a tiny hall of a waiting room at the FL dealer in Newburgh NY, actually Campbell took over that dealer as well. They seem to be doing a good job when I called them for parts, they had them delivered to me the same or next day, via their truck.:thumbup:

Top Bottom